NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery EmptyToday at 19:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery EmptyYesterday at 8:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery EmptyWed 24 Apr - 18:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery EmptySun 21 Apr - 2:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery EmptyFri 19 Apr - 22:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery EmptyFri 19 Apr - 21:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery EmptyThu 18 Apr - 22:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery EmptyThu 18 Apr - 22:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery EmptyThu 18 Apr - 19:13 by Ev

Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery

3 posters

Go down

Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery Empty Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery

Post  Jonno Sat 29 Oct - 18:53

Not clear where these should go. NZ origin but presume they would be catalogued as commercial pottery?
Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery Large_10Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery Vase_h10Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery Jug_ha10Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery Bs_of_15[/url[url=https://servimg.com/view/16485132/93]Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery Bz_of_10

The clear backstamp is on the smaller vase and the small jug the last indistinct BS is on the larger vase which is at the top of the post. It measures 200mmH X 355W X 170D
The smaller vase measures 180mmH X 190W X 80D and the Jug 92mmH x 80w (130spout to handle OA)
NB the thumbnails are out of proportion
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery Empty Re: Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery

Post  Ev Sat 29 Oct - 20:01

Yes, I would classify these as Commercial Pottery.
I've seen Stage Artware many times before, though I don't have any pieces... very nice brushwork!!
The hard to read backstamp interests me as I don't think that I've come across this before...?
Do you think it reads CERAMOS ..... or something else?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17729
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery Empty Re: Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery

Post  TonyK Sat 29 Oct - 20:45

Couldn't that word just be a blurred CERAMICS ?
TonyK
TonyK

Number of posts : 653

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 29 Oct - 21:53

Nothing wrong with your vision TonyK !!!!
I see it now thanks to you Smile
Now can you make out the name above that familiar looking Kiwi ...
yes I've seen this before and probably won't know the maker until I see it again Wink
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonno Sun 30 Oct - 8:47

WoooowoooH Embarassed couldn't see the wood for the trees
Of course it is CERAMICS.
Perhaps the potter learnt the blurring technique at CL

Joking
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Hand Painted Stage Artware and Petra Ceramics for the Gallery Empty Blurred Mark

Post  Jonno Sun 30 Oct - 8:53

AAAHA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Got it. Petra Ceramics.
I'm not that clever, simply punched in CERAMICS and found Petra. Were in Mt Eden the entry says with a colourful mug shown.
Thanks Ev
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 30 Oct - 9:00

That's the one Jonno .... cheers
knew that I knew it but it wouldn't come when I called.....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum