NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? EmptyToday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters?

3 posters

Go down

Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? Empty Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters?

Post  kiwi2768 Tue 26 Jun - 0:18

I found these kettles on my travels to Melbourne a few weeks ago. They are soooo close to Riverstone that I just had to buy them. Both have their cords, one has an element but I'm not game to plug it in! There is a piece from my Riverstone collection for comparison.

Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? 100_1823

The two canisters - I think one is 24cm high, the other is 20cm high - I picked up in an op shop in Perth for $7 the pair. What glaze are they? I first thought they were Alpine Mist but that is grey. They are like brand new but one has been written on with permanent marker. Any ideas please on how to remove that?

Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? 100_1825

kiwi2768

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Back to top Go down

Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? Empty Re: Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters?

Post  Thelma Tue 26 Jun - 22:23

Hi, The canisters are from the settlers collection, I think called woodlands, but would have to check with my book to confirm... yep, that is what it says. I have some bits of this including canisters and a large mixing bowl. Only bit I don't have is a salt pig which was quite elongated and tall. To remove permanent marker I have used eucalyptus oil and Rawleighs Ready Relief is good at removing some inks and is great on sticker residue as well!

Last edited by Thelma on Tue 26 Jun - 22:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters? Empty Re: Are these kettles Temuka and what glaze are these canisters?

Post  kiwi2768 Thu 28 Jun - 13:38

Thank you Thelma. I've never seen the Woodland and haven't in fact heard of it. From what I can see now that I know what it is called, it had quite a short production run so isn't as common as others.

kiwi2768

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Thu 28 Jun - 14:01

Thelma wrote:Hi, The canisters are from the settlers collection, I think called woodlands, but would have to check with my book to confirm... yep, that is what it says. I have some bits of this including canisters and a large mixing bowl. Only bit I don't have is a salt pig which was quite elongated and tall. To remove permanent marker I have used eucalyptus oil and Rawleighs Ready Relief is good at removing some inks and is great on sticker residue as well!

What's the colour on these, is it greeny or more greyish at the top? I saw a tall temuka salt pig today that looked very similar to that glaze... I'd have to go back and have another look though as unsure of colour now lol (and the more I think about it, the worse it gets) It was only $2 or $3

Last edited by Cat-a-lat on Thu 28 Jun - 14:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi2768 Thu 28 Jun - 14:22

Mine are green. I guess you might say dark "sage green". I think I did quite well, saw a 20cm one on Trade Me sold for $35.

kiwi2768

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi2768 Tue 26 Feb - 15:39

I picked up another of the smaller of the two canisters a few weeks ago. It was sitting on the shelf behind the counter in an op shop. The Temuka supply in Perth seems to have dried up. Still keeping my eyes peeled for some Riverstone egg cups - it isn't likely that I'll find any at the right price but you just never know! I did find one lonely Driftwood egg cup for 50c a while ago. I'm seeing quite a bit of Crown Lynn around at the moment. I saw a "Fiesta" bowl in an op shop but left it there because it had quite a large chip on the rim.

kiwi2768

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum