NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Orange and Brown amazing pattern
Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders EmptyYesterday at 7:51 by Ev

» Glenn Beattie
Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders EmptyYesterday at 7:40 by Ev

» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders EmptyMon 6 May - 14:46 by JanPots

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders EmptyMon 6 May - 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

» Jan Gillespie
Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders

2 posters

Go down

Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders Empty Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders

Post  mumof1 Fri 25 Oct - 11:08

Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders Dsc08122
This reminds me of earthstone but with a pattern. I may have missed it in the gallery perhaps, if it was a different colour?
Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders Dsc08123
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders Empty Re: Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders

Post  JanPots Fri 25 Oct - 11:14

That is different.. Its not got any pattern that resembles any other - ususally you get something looking alike.. whats the shape like? is it a modern one
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2112
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders Empty Re: Another mystery plate? Central daisy with intricate borders

Post  mumof1 Fri 25 Oct - 11:35

While the plate looks shaped due to the colouring, it is a standard dinner plate, like the colour glaze plates, but slightly thicker, like the genuine ironstone plates. I had half expected it to be a Johnson Bros when I turned it over, if you get my drift.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum