NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED EmptyYesterday at 14:46 by JanPots

» Glen Beattie
Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED EmptyYesterday at 11:32 by Ev

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED EmptyYesterday at 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

» Jan Gillespie
Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:22 by Ev

Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED

Go down

Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED Empty Oh, Hikurangi! PHOTO LINKS ADDED

Post  Jeremy Ashford Wed 6 Nov - 12:29

Two weeks since my last 17km drive to Hikurangi so I though I'd take the gamble.

Two visits:  (1) Red Cross, and (2) the second-hand shop I have yet to get my head round providing a name for. The Red Cross is a great store, cheap of course, and they always seem to have something for me. As I don't have access to the iPad for the rest of the week I will add these items to the relevant topics when I can and leave links here later.

(1)
*On my last visit here I bought a Royal Oak Lava Glaze coffee set. This time they had the coffee pot, sugar, and creamer for the blue flower set. I already have a spoon jar in blue but that is for the large flower design. I know these Royal Oak sets are not everyone's cup of tea but they are cheap enough and ultimately worth collecting for the historical record. I have three now.
*A  four inch Royal Oak corked canister in rather a lovely glaze.
*A single R/O mug in a glaze I don't have.
*Crown Lynn 1316 Zodiac Star Signs: Gemini. I already have a plain black 1316 and a Sagittarius.
I have seen a few of these on the forum already so I think I would like set up a topic for these in the hope that we will eventually have a gallery of all 12 Zodiac patterns.
*C/L 1043, to replace the one I got at Avondale a fortnight ago, then broke!
*C/L Green "Caribbean Ware" c&s. I don't collect tulip cups, but can see from my Fleurette that this is not the standard tulip, so it may be the one known as "fat bum".
*Three C/L egg cups: Even though I need egg cups I have avoided these so far as I see they can be very expensive. I've just checked the gallery http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Eggcups/Crown-Lynn-Eggcups-cat_c17.htm and see that I have a yellow "standing duck", a pale turquoise "rabbit and cart", and a chipped creamy mottled "bird".
*Yet another Orzel creamer matching my coffee set. And
*A stack of "Crown Crystal" Keith Mahy "Anker" glass tumblers.

(2)
*A "set" of three R/O Lava Glaze square corked canisters: coffee, milo, and ... MILO!
*A six inch Royal Oak blue flower corked canister. And
*Yet another ubiquitous Chinese stacking mug.

So with my wallet almost empty I went to the bakery for a doughnut. The owner has a bric-a-brac collection on display in the window and on the top shelf of the shop. In the window I spotted a lovely Aquila oil/vinegar jug complete with label, similar in shape etc to the Orzel ones seen on the forum: NFS! Tough!

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t4117-royal-oak-blue-and-brown#14562
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t26-is-that-a-rabbit-and-cart-eggcup#14582

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Mon 11 Nov - 13:27; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : add links etc)
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum