NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn? Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish.

5 posters

Go down

Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. Empty Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn? Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish.

Post  Smells Tue 12 Nov - 18:32

Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. 21910

Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. Img_3610

These two dishes look like they have the Apollo? edging but there's no back stamp on them....could they be Crown Lynn with no back stamp & these type of print/design on them? Thanks Smile

Smells

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. Empty Re: Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn? Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish.

Post  JanPots Tue 12 Nov - 18:48

These are in the Crown Lynn Book V Monk page 130, not the same pattern, but the same shape dish
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. Empty Re: Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn? Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish.

Post  Ev Tue 12 Nov - 18:50

Yes I'm sure that they are Crown Lynn as I have some of these dishes, though they have different patterns on them. Not sure if mine are stamped or not ....?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Tue 12 Nov - 18:53

I too have one with "Canton" as the pattern, mine is not stamped. Very Happy 
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Smells Tue 12 Nov - 22:00

Thank you JanPots & Ev Very Happy

Smells

Back to top Go down

Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. Empty Mine is Avondale Collection

Post  mumof1 Wed 13 Nov - 14:42

Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. Dsc08810
Mine has the Fruit pattern on it (was someone after this pattern?? Can't remember who now)
Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. Dsc08811
and the stamp sunny 
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Smells Wed 13 Nov - 17:25

Thanks mumof1 Smile 

Smells

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 14 Nov - 8:06

I've always called these dishes 'Jam Dishes'.
Just found in the records:
8043 - Fluted Jam Dish - first made in October 1981.
The only one that I can think of with some idea of dates is the Salvation Army Centenary one and that has 1983 on it.
I'm going with this and if anyone disagrees please let me know.
I will put one of your ones into the Four Digit Shapes Gallery Smells thank you Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Thu 14 Nov - 22:03

Hi, I have three of these dishes, the first one I got years ago and has a fruit pattern with pears and cherries, like the avondale collection one. Backstamp the usual genuine ironstone. The other two are recent finds, they have a white rose with a couple of red roses and no backstamp, but fit perfectly with the first one. No doubt in my mind that they are CL.
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 1 Jan - 17:22

Ev wrote:I've always called these dishes 'Jam Dishes'.
Just found in the records:
8043 - Fluted Jam Dish - first made in October 1981.
The only one that I can think of with some idea of dates is the Salvation Army Centenary one and that has 1983 on it.
I'm going with this and if anyone disagrees please let me know.
I will put one of your ones into the Four Digit Shapes Gallery Smells thank you Smile

The Portage Ceramic Trust Site show the 8043 to be this shape and they call it a Flan dish ....?

http://www.nzmuseums.co.nz/account/3384/object/487676/Flan_dish_-_bisque

The records show 8043 to be a Fluted Jam Dish, so I'm going with that description and as they have a photo of the shape with the number inside ... well I can't argue with that.  The measurements of H29 x D110mm match, so here we have a correction and I just happened to have this shape which was one of my first Crown Lynn finds from a long time ago and I would call it a jam dish Smile
Thank you Portage Trust !!

Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. 8043_f11

Fine Giftware on the backstamp ...
Are these two little dishes Crown Lynn?  Yes but not the 8043 Fluted Jam Dish. 8043_b10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Thu 1 Jan - 17:51

Well done Ev. The other has to be a jam dish too, but it reminds me so much of Apollo with that edge.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 1 Jan - 18:08

Yes, as all of the Apollo ware is described as Fluted, I was led up the wrong pottery path, but now all is well, but we don't have a shape number for the little Apollo dishes ...... yet!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum