NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! EmptyToday at 12:05 by Maryr

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! EmptyToday at 12:03 by Maryr

» Orange Air NZ pattern no namer
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! EmptyToday at 11:06 by Ev

» Denise Wellsford
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! EmptyToday at 10:42 by Ev

» Waimea Pottery
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! EmptyToday at 10:36 by Ev

» Janet Rogers
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! EmptyToday at 10:29 by Ev

» Judith Rosamund
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! EmptyToday at 10:24 by Ev

» Adrian Cotter
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! EmptyToday at 10:21 by Ev

» Carrick Oliver coffee pot
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! EmptyToday at 8:22 by JanPots

f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates !

4 posters

Go down

f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! Empty f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates !

Post  mike67 Tue 1 Jul - 21:21

Lovely pot that has some age about it. Mark not quite the same as the one already in the unknowns. Ring a bell with anyone?
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! Img_1512
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! Img_1513
mike67
mike67

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! Empty Re: f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates !

Post  Ev Wed 2 Jul - 8:07

There is something familiar about this mark, but I haven't worked out what yet, so into the Mystery Marks it goes.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17752
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! Empty Re: f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates !

Post  Kat & Co. Wed 24 Feb - 9:52

15cmh..who is this mystery potter? they made nice pots!... cat
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! Img_4112
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! Img_4113
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2312
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Tue 17 Jan - 15:25

I resisted this for a day but on second look I really like it. To be fair I went out without any cash yesterday which made buying a bit difficult anyway. Four for sale $1 each, I was reluctant to break the set. I chose this one for colour and play of glaze on the body, and shapeliness of the handle ends; one had neater rings but missed out elsewhere.
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! F10

We have a bunch of F-marks in the unknown marks gallery. I think this mark is a match for Mike and Kat's ones but I would not describe this as being a "double circle".

Just to be clear, as some photos can be tricky to interpret, this is an impressed circular stamp but both the circle and the f of the mark are raised within it, perhaps giving the impression of a double circle.

If others agree this is the same mark then three pieces of pottery may help trigger recognition of the potter where two do not.

---------
20/1/17
Here's another I already had.
f In A Double Circle Mark is the mark of Frank Bates ! F210

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Fri 20 Jan - 16:25; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 17 Jan - 18:45

I agree that it's the same mark Jeremy and boy this potter could pot well.
We should have some ideas by now..... but we don't until someone comes along to enlighten us.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 23 Mar - 13:12

How fantastic to have a wine set sent to my inbox with this mark on it and a sticker that says Frank Bates etc etc cheers
I will make a new topic on the wine set.
Congratulations to you all that have his work with this mark, myself included Very Happy Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum