NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Jan Gillespie
Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  EmptyYesterday at 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:22 by Ev

» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  EmptySun 28 Apr - 13:12 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  EmptySat 27 Apr - 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?

5 posters

Go down

Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  Empty Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?

Post  Maryr Tue 15 Jul - 10:30

From 22 August to 11 October, Objectspace Gallery in Auckland is having an exhibition of designer Mark Cleverley's work.
http://www.objectspace.org.nz/Exhibitions/Detail/Objectspace+Master+of+Craft:+Mark+Cleverley
Mark was a highly influential designer at Crown Lynn for about 10 years through the 1970s.  During this time he and David Jenkin designed the tableware for Bellamy's restaurant at Parliament House.  The Cleverley family is asking if anyone can lend some of this tableware for the exhibition. I have one plate, one jug, one ashtray! Which isn't enough. This is what the plates look like. If you can help, flick back a message to me and I will put you in touch with the Cleverleys.
Thanks!
Val Monk

Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  Hotel_10
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1977
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  Empty Re: Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?

Post  JanPots Tue 15 Jul - 10:40

Both Ev and I have one of these plates.. mine is not in the 'best" condition though
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2111
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?  Empty Re: Bellamys tableware - has anyone got any they can lend to an exhibition?

Post  Maryr Tue 15 Jul - 17:03

Ta jan thats certainly a step up from my meagre selection.
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Tue 15 Jul - 17:35

I have one plate too, with a chip underneath, but it is all I have seen.
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 15 Jul - 19:33

This exhibition sounds extremely interesting and I've noted it on my calendar.
The book will be worthwhile to get too.
Janice gave me one of her Bellamy's plates, so I have just the one .....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17734
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  fi Thu 17 Jul - 0:16

I have a plate and also a mug. The mug is not stamped Bellamys though...
fi
fi

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Sun 3 Aug - 7:04

Hi all. An update re bellamy's for the exhibition. I have told them these items are available and they will get back to us soon.
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum