NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine

4 posters

Go down

Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  Empty Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine

Post  mumof1 Fri 14 Nov - 0:03

Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  Dsc03810
My first find is this gorgeous little Janet Wright mustard pot, you can just see the little fish at the base. It stands just a little higher overall than the 45mm jug
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  Dsc03811
Next are these 3 Christopher Vine pieces - an oval platter, a large round and a bowl, all with a yacht design
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  Dsc03812
These are not Temuka (although they could be mistaken for it) but the Australian pieces
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  Dsc03813
And my last fabulous find, this great lamp, I am sure is a piece of Barry Ball 1280
Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  Dsc03814
The base is unmarked, but it certainly looks like all my other pieces, although it does feel quite lightweight, maybe because it is merely a shell. Couldn't believe my luck, it has even been electrically certified! sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  Empty Re: Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine

Post  Ev Fri 14 Nov - 6:09

Wow so they made lampbases too !!! I love it.
I saw that Christopher Vine was also made in Australia, but I've never come across any. Great scores Cool
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine  Empty Re: Todays treasures, including Barry Ball ?, Janet Wright and Christopher Vine

Post  dollcrown Fri 14 Nov - 8:17

Great find. I have a marked plate with identical flowers and colouring.

dollcrown

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Fri 14 Nov - 8:49

Oh i want a lamp now too! Cool
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 25 Feb - 16:10

Do I spy a Made In New Zealand in a tiny stamp on the base edge of the lamp base?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum