NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc EmptyToday at 12:05 by Maryr

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc EmptyToday at 12:03 by Maryr

» Orange Air NZ pattern no namer
$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc EmptyToday at 11:06 by Ev

» Denise Wellsford
$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc EmptyToday at 10:42 by Ev

» Waimea Pottery
$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc EmptyToday at 10:36 by Ev

» Janet Rogers
$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc EmptyToday at 10:29 by Ev

» Judith Rosamund
$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc EmptyToday at 10:24 by Ev

» Adrian Cotter
$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc EmptyToday at 10:21 by Ev

» Carrick Oliver coffee pot
$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc EmptyToday at 8:22 by JanPots

$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc

3 posters

Go down

$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc Empty $1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc

Post  haselnuss Tue 2 Dec - 12:14

Pick up only. Could be bargain for someone.
Looks like a Terra Ceramics or Hemara Hemara peach vase as well but could also be glass. I have the same shape which was made by Hemara Hemara in white. A potential green C/L shape watering can Hobby ceramics piece and a smaller possibly Paul Hemara terracotta vase plus a green C/L ginger jar.
I don't know who the others are made by.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by haselnuss on Tue 2 Dec - 14:54; edited 1 time in total
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc Empty Re: $1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc

Post  Maryr Tue 2 Dec - 14:51

Just one caution here - there were others besides Paul Hemara who made terracotta vases in NZ. Then someone started importing them and killed the local production. So we can't guarantee this example on TradeMe is Paul's unless it is marked.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

$1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc Empty Re: $1 auction In Auckland with C/L ginger jar,possible Paul Hemara etc

Post  haselnuss Tue 2 Dec - 14:53

That is very good to know.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Thu 4 Dec - 10:36

Just found an auction on Trade Me which mentions New Zealand's Richard Maclaurin of Whangaparoa who made similar terracotta pots to Paul Hemara.
They call them burnt orange pots and they look made of terracotta to me.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 4 Dec - 11:48

There were many makers of these pots haselnuss.  We called them Straw Fired Pots back when they were made and yes they were made using low fired terracotta clay.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17752
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Thu 4 Dec - 14:11

I might just record the NZ straw fired terracotta manufacturers that I come across on here.
Hanham Creek Pottery Tauranga. Has a logo with fern leaves & kowhai flowers and Hanham Creek Pottery printed around in a circle.

Trade Me auction has one sample:
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum