NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» LARGE POTTERY WALL HANGING VESSEL - HELP TO ID MAKER
Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published. EmptyToday at 10:24 by Leesyloubee

» HELP TO ID MAKER MARK - WALL HANGING VESSEL
Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published. EmptyToday at 10:23 by Leesyloubee

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published. EmptyToday at 0:05 by Maryr

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published. EmptyToday at 0:03 by Maryr

» Orange Air NZ pattern no namer
Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published. EmptyYesterday at 23:06 by Ev

» Denise Wellsford
Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published. EmptyYesterday at 22:42 by Ev

» Waimea Pottery
Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published. EmptyYesterday at 22:36 by Ev

» Janet Rogers
Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published. EmptyYesterday at 22:29 by Ev

» Judith Rosamund
Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published. EmptyYesterday at 22:24 by Ev

Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published.

Go down

Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published. Empty Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published.

Post  Ev Thu 16 Jul - 9:20

This is about the New Zealand Studio Pottery halcyon days - here is a review -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

can't wait to read it for myself!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17752
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published. Empty Re: Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published.

Post  Ev Thu 3 Sep - 5:27

Got this book today.... it looks fantastic - starting and ending with photos of NZ potters marks !!
Have had a browse and it will be an awesome resource for NZ studio pottery.
Will put up a review when I've finished reading it Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published. Empty Re: Cone Ten Down by Moyra Elliott has been published.

Post  Ev Tue 8 Sep - 6:05

Reading ..... still reading....
Rancich is there.... and the Briar Gardener connection !
Ruskin.... is mentioned ... from England
Len Castle and Peter Stichbury made use of the Crum kilns to fire salt glazed ware in the early 1950's.
O.C Stephens .... organised the first studio pottery exhibition.
Smisek was totally involved with the studio pottery movement.
Doris Lusk (Holland) is there too.....
Leach .... Bernard Leach ... and Hamada .... were the biggest influences in this country.
No wonder I'm interested in all things that are NZ Pottery.... it's all connected!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 2 Oct - 6:05

Went to the ConeTenDown book launch last evening and got a copy for myself ... signed by Moyra and Damian. Hamish Keith and Moyra Elliot spoke to a mixed crowd of collectors and potters who attended. Barry Brickell was there along with Graeme Storm, Merilyn Wiseman and Rosemary McLay [Brittain] and many other potters who I don't know the names of as I recognise their pots before I recognise the maker's . Simon Manchester, Geoff Perkins and Quentin Whitehouse to name a few more. The book was almost $10 cheaper at the book launch than it is in the retail shops and copies were under almost everyone's arms. The cover picture guffaw was attributed to Warren Tippet with a discreetly placed sticker which was previously wrongly attributed to Graeme Storm. I didn't mention the Shufflebottom/botham issue Wink Purchasers were asked to sign a copy of the book for Moyra and Damian which was a rather novel twist. I heard that Moyra was granted $65,000 from Creative NZ towards the next book on NZ Studio Pottery from the 1970's until now. Look forward to seeing that one being published as well !!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 22 Jun - 19:22

Cone Ten Down is a finalist in the New Zealand Post Book Awards cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum