NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape

3 posters

Go down

shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape Empty Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape

Post  Ev Thu 16 Apr - 13:36

I've been trying to find out which shapes the Fleurette d750 is made in without much luck, as all of the Trademe d750 listings have disappeared.
The Portage is confusing me as they show the 3061 cup in Fleurette as shape 3081 and as I don't know what shape 3081 looks like I can't argue, so will check it out soon.
I have found that this pattern was exclusive to D.I.C. and Milne and Choyce at one time and I've just found a record from 1970ish for 3019 Fleurette d373 cups for D.I.C.
All of the listings on the Portage site show from 1959 to 1989, even shapes that have four digits that wouldn't have been made until after 1964 Rolling Eyes
They also show the 4046 plate in Fleurette, but that doesn't have the 3061 or the 3056 cup, it has the 3066 cups. Arghhhhh

I have two Fleurette cups one is a 3019 and the other is the 3056 shape and I am wondering if there are more pattern numbers for Fleurette to go with the different shaped ware?
Check out the colour variations hahaaa

shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape Fleure10

Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape Empty Re: Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 16 Apr - 14:37

I know it's tableware shapes you're looking for, Ev, particularly cups and saucers but I thought this might be a good spot to air this auction.

I haven't checked the shape but I think we're looking at some Cook & Serve.
Fleurette oven dish on tm:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Pottery-glass/Porcelain-pottery/Crown-Lynn/Other/auction-872593500.htm

Back to topic, I always look at Fleurette when I see it and I can't recall other than what you have shown so far, but then again, as soon as I see it is not coupe I stop taking notice. I just checked the cup shapes gallery and cannot see any shapes that ring a bell. Unlike transfer patterns that can be stuck on anything Fleurette is handpainted so what we see, post-Brereton-ware, should all be part of dinner sets or at least teasets.

I do of course have the Fleurette tumblers and Cook & Serve coffee cans, but they are all Brereton Ware.

I was just in the process of copying one of my Fleurette cups to sit beside the competition pic for Reflections when I spotted this new topic which I guess you've started to follow up the idea of Fleurette being the longest enduring pattern. I know you are looking for later shapes and the newer pattern number, but I still wonder about the earliest.

Anyway, I know that the illustration of Reflections is on a stylised 781/805 but the handle join looks more like the typical 1960s tulip than my earliest one which has a whole lot more handle joining the cup. If the drawing is a fair representation of a 1959 tulip then my one with Fleurette must be 1959 or earlier.

I'm talking about the one on the left here:
shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape Fleur110

And here's the Reflections pic:
shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape 11n10

I haven't got round to checking yet where it was I saw 1959 for Fleurette.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape Empty Re: Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape

Post  Ev Mon 21 Dec - 18:28

How wonderful to finish work early, so I chose to sweep around the opshops near where I work before they close for the holidays and I found a Fleurette d750 saucer and it is the rimmed shape.  Even though it had an odd crack on the underside I had to get it and part with $1.  Photo to come when I get some time.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 22 Dec - 17:21

Photo as promised ...

shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape Dscf2413

It was so odd to pick up a couple of pieces of Fashion Rose with this as it has the Patt No 750 as well ...
shape - Fleurette in shapes other than the Coupe shape Dscf2414
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 29 Jan - 8:41

Well this listing on Trademe has 3019 Fleurette cups with d750 coupe saucers, which would be correct if only I didn't have the 3056 cup and saucer that have the d750 stamp !!!
So blimming confusing, but perhaps it will all fall into place one day !!

https://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/cups-saucers/auction-1523938181.htm?rsqid=218d9c8badaa4a49808eb341a77bb39c

Jeremy I found a cup with that early handle last year and will try to find the post about it as I think there was a time frame, though not sure.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 29 Jan - 11:04

If you are referring to the large fine (781?) tulip, Ev, it is clearly the earliest Fleurette, which I think I have read started as early as 1959.

You have copied or transcribed a lot of references to the 781 tulip modifications and I think one mentions Meakin, so if you have a date for that then the large fine cup with different handle will definitely precede it.

Ca1960 is a good staring point.

Also note mine has an impressed alphanumeric mark, whicih, although usually gound on vit ware, I think also commenced about 1959.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  CrownPrince Sun 14 Jan - 6:46

Hi Ev - Is the Coupe shape the same as the 3019 shape? Or is the Coupe a different number? Thank you Smile

Last edited by CrownPrince on Sun 14 Jan - 7:04; edited 1 time in total

CrownPrince

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2023-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 14 Jan - 6:53

Hi CrownPrince,
The cup that goes with the Coupe shapes is the 781 Tulip and was very common.
This shape was made for around 40 years.

It shared the same saucer as the 3019 Shape 25 cup Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

JanPots likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CrownPrince Sun 14 Jan - 7:05

Ah right - for some reason i thought Coupe was referring to a cup shape - but it's the plate shape! Thanks Ev Smile

CrownPrince

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2023-03-24

JanPots likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum