NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? EmptyToday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis?

+3
Jeremy Ashford
Cat-a-lat
haselnuss
7 posters

Go down

Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? Empty Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis?

Post  haselnuss Sat 16 May - 22:07

I have changed all our ceramic tableware over to Crown Lynn Forma and Echo plates.
The other day I had a look at my tableware collection in the garage and thought how sad that we are not using them.
I love the Forma plates because the rims are raised so I don't have to chase the peas all over the plate.
The Echo bowls and plates are lovely to eat of too and look great.

I never thought that I would actually like the brown Forma tableware. My son liked them and "made me" purchase them. Good that I listened to him.

Our Dorothy Thorpe Palm Springs set will only be used at special occasions and then hand washed. The others go in the dishwasher. With the 5 of us at home I am not hand washing our every day dishes.

I should have changed my tableware over ages ago.

haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? Empty Re: Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis?

Post  Cat-a-lat Sat 16 May - 22:10

we're using mostly CL day to day, mixed patterns and shapes, cause I let everyone choose their favourite... lol
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? Empty Pioneer/Redwood, Fleurette, Cook & Serve, and random

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 17 May - 0:39

We use only New Zealand pottery. (Well maybe a few random foreign mugs.)

On the dining table. Crown Lynn is all we eat off:
Pioneer and Redwood dinner plates every day.
Plain vit plates as required for oven use.
A variety of pudding bowls (coupe) and b&bs daily.
Replacements bought as required.
Fleurette for guests, 10 place setting. Just four places this evening.
Six last Sunday when Tomas (age 14) and his friend Luca cooked for their mums.
Cook & Serve cans for after dinner espresso for guests.
Cook & Serve flan and soufflé dishes for fresh fruit storage on the table.
Tomas uses colourglaze and Yucatan salad bowls for his cereal up to three times a day. With about 8 to choose from he doesn't run out even when he has guests. I got them for eating Chinese, Thai, or similar wet meals.
(Orzel pepper and salt in green.)

In the kitchen:
Mixing bowls, plain in two sizes and beehive in all six sizes used regularly.
There is nothing quite like mixing the baking in the large plain bowl. I have the same one (my mother's) that I mixed the Christmas cake and many batches of peanut brownies, ginger crunch, and vanilla biscuits, in as a kid 50 years ago! All up (including before my older brother and I came along) I think it must have been in regular use for sixty years or so. Barely a mark on it, no chips, cracks, or crazing.
Cook & Serve soup bowls for vege prep. As many as 12 may be in use at once.
Individual casseroles for frig storage of leftovers.
Medium and large size casseroles constantly on the go.
Large size for oven-cooked lamb chops this evening. Melt in the mouth!
Large vit jug used for wooden spoons. (Kermiko for other utensils.)
(Clay Craft spheres for tea/s and coffee storage.)
(Kermiko teapots, small and large, atm.)

Mugs. I am concerned about crazing my castware but slowly braving it.
Some of the rarer shapes have been used.
(Also bringing handpotteds into use.)
(A large Don Thornley is my current favourite as it holds a full 6 tazze coffee pot.)
(Also, Truebridge and Engelhardt used this evening. The Engelhardt is universally admired.)

We don't have a dish washing machine. I am it. The Fleurette is rinsed after use and washed only in warm water. Everything else goes in hot but I move it through quick as I can so nothing sits in scalding water. Hot rinse and stacked: no drying required.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? Empty Re: Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis?

Post  haselnuss Sun 17 May - 11:29

Cat-a-lat and Jeremy, great that you are also using the Crown Lynn/NZ pottery. Jeremy, it is nice that your bowl has such a long history in your family.

I have been thinking about changing over my cookware to C/L as well but haven't made up my mind as yet.
I use the Tupperware Ultra range that can go in the oven & microwave and also Le Creuset pots for casseroles in the coal range oven.
I'll have to have a look downstairs to see if I have a casserole including the lid to try it out in the coal range.
Next month we are slaughtering a cow for the freezer and then we will have heaps of cuts for slow cooking in the oven.

I also use proper Tupperware bowls for baking, salads etc. and I might try preparing a cake in a beehive bowl next time. I like how colourful, light-weight and easy stackable Tupperware is and have used it like for ever. Who knows I might just get converted to plastic free in my kitchen after all.

haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Sun 17 May - 17:16

We use Willow Pattern plates daily..& I don't like it when something gets broken Sad
my big kids think its a great joke to yell $20 when someone bangs a dinner plate while doing the dishes.. Razz
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sun 17 May - 20:01

Bold geometrics for us! Coupe shape mainly - everything in the cupboard is a different pattern to the next... all crown lynn.
This is where it all started!! I wanted an eclectic 8 place setting for a "best set" so I starting collecting, and now I have hundreds of pieces Razz Razz
Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? 00111
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? Empty Re:re Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis?

Post  Jonno Wed 20 May - 20:13

Yep!

First cuppa's (2) 1043 Mug ( I have a pair)
Cereal & Fruit White Forma Bowl (no d no.)
Toast on Symphony Cream d24050
Breakkie Tea 1043 again
Lunch & Dinner From Symphony Cream set to suit
or
Avondale Gourmet Selection 5625 & no# narrow handled dish.

Various oven dishes mainly Cook & Serve.

Not Crown Lynn but
Richmond Stoneware Mug for my coffee later. A real treasure.
Sorry no photos as am in a rush.
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 21 May - 1:45

Snap on the Richmond mug Jonno.
Sunday morning coffee for me an my market mate, Tus,
but I did use one this evening too.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Thelma Sat 23 May - 21:12

My good ol' Homestyle set is in use every day. I still cannot pass by pieces in second hand shops to keep the numbers up as so many plates have been sacrificed over the past 27 years that we have been using it! Rolling Eyes
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? Empty Reply with quote Re: Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a

Post  Jonno Sun 24 May - 21:48

Here is the Richmond Mug that I mentioned as one of the pieces that I use every day.

Not a great photo but the floral decoration is gypsophlia repens.

Who is actually using their Crown Lynn on a daily basis? Img_2714
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Fri 5 Jun - 13:07

Thank you for all the answers and the photos too.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum