NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Adrienne Smith
First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah EmptyToday at 7:45 by UrsulaC

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah EmptyYesterday at 16:25 by signal red

» Tea pot ID help please. This was made by David Griffith
First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by CrownPrince

» LARGE POTTERY WALL HANGING VESSEL - was made by John Ing
First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah EmptyMon 13 May - 22:24 by Leesyloubee

» HELP TO ID MAKER MARK - WALL HANGING VESSEL it is Stephen Carter
First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah EmptyMon 13 May - 22:23 by Leesyloubee

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah EmptyMon 13 May - 12:03 by Maryr

» Orange Air NZ pattern no namer
First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah EmptyMon 13 May - 11:06 by Ev

» Denise Wellsford
First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah EmptyMon 13 May - 10:42 by Ev

» Waimea Pottery
First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah EmptyMon 13 May - 10:36 by Ev

First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah

3 posters

Go down

First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah Empty First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah

Post  Ev Thu 19 May - 16:12

I spied a Roydon Fluffy Cat cup saucer and plate in an opshop window today and went to get it, but the lady serving was busy, so I wandered around looking at the bric a brac biding my time for a few minutes.
Came back and there is a lady holding the said trio saying "I don't even like cats!" So I piped up and said that I love cats. I wasn't sure if she was going to get the set or not...
So I asked her and she said "Yes I need my fix!" I came back with " I will go without my fix!" I was more annoyed with myself than anything, as all I had to do was wait at the counter and it did cross my mind. It won't happen again that's for sure as next time there may be screaming and yelling and pulling of hair ..... OH DEAR !!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17753
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah Empty Re: First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah

Post  Kat & Co. Thu 19 May - 17:07

Lol ..somedays are better than others.. it was probably all cracked anyway! Twisted Evil
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2312
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah Empty Re: First time I felt upset and annoyed in an opshop .... gah

Post  haselnuss Sat 21 May - 13:57

I'll let hubby know.
We had a discussion about leaving finds in the window/glass cupboards at the second hand shop until we are ready to pay or to pick them up straight away only the other day when we purchased the Titian Rugby mug at Save Mart.

Hubby walked in first saw the mug and carried on walking inside the shop to have a look around first. Then I entered the shop saw the mug and got the shop assistant to get it out and let us pay for it straight away to be put in the car straight away too.

Hubby thought my reaction was over the top and could at least have left the mug on the counter until we had finished our shopping.
Well, I didn't want to risk it falling off the counter or someone else grabbing it which was very unlikely but you never know, right?
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 21 May - 14:54

Very wise of you haselnuss.  I had those cat pieces up on the Facebook page and I knew that they would look great.   That won't happen again as I will do the wise thing and then I won't get upset.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17753
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum