NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond

4 posters

Go down

Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond Empty Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond

Post  Maryr Tue 21 Jun - 15:40

Our fellow collectors Brooke and Olwyn showed me this pic of Totara liqueur bottles complete with labels.  Brooke phoned Totara liqueur which is still going in the Thames area, and they told him that they got bottles from Orzel for some time then moved to a supplier 'somewhere in Nelson.' My bet is that the tall brown bottle is the Orzel version and the smaller greyish one is Richmond/Mapua. Any thoughts?  The tall brown one came from an opshop down the road - once Brooke made me aware of the significance I had to have it even at $10 with no label. Both bottles are unmarked.  The Orzel is 26 cm tall and holds 850 ml to the top of the neck, the Richmond(?) bottle is 19 cm and holds 750ml. My next objective is to find a green one.
Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond Totara14
Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond Totara12Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond Totara13
Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond Totara11Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond Totara10
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond Empty Re: Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond

Post  Ev Wed 22 Jun - 8:02

This is wonderful news Val as people have battled with the makers of these bottles.
Hemara showed me an auction listing and said that he had made the bottle. Now I have to find the photo I took of it to compare to these.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond Empty Re: Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond

Post  Ev Wed 22 Jun - 8:23

Found the photo and hopefully it will be big enough to read if you enlarge it

Totara liqueur bottles Orzel and probably Richmond Hemara10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Wed 22 Jun - 10:27

Interesting... well done for digging out that bit of paper!
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 13 Sep - 6:28

Finally have one of these bottles in green!  I've seen it for sometime with and $8 price tag and yesterday the bric a brac was half price so I jumped at it.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Tue 13 Sep - 7:21

Now find one for me Ev!
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 13 Sep - 9:56

Done Val, as all I want to do is take it's photo then you can have it in return for the pottery that you have given me xxx
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Tue 13 Sep - 11:00

Nice find. Brooke has three now including the green, which from memory is slightly smaller.

15/9/16
Well, I've joined this party now too, but I had to pay full price for my green one.
I hadn't been into the old John St Traders shop since it became an auction house.
They do buy nows too so when I saw the bottle,  I offered five, was upped to eight.
24/10/16
Last week's trip to Mangawhai netted me a brown one for guess what? $4!

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Mon 24 Oct - 19:24; edited 3 times in total
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Tue 13 Sep - 15:04

Ev that is very kind of you, thanks!!!!
Maryr
Maryr

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Fri 28 Jul - 11:47

The brownish fading to greyish glaze is a signature Waimea Potteries glaze to me, as is the shape.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum