NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. EmptyYesterday at 19:37 by Maryr

» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. EmptyYesterday at 13:12 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. EmptySat 27 Apr - 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark? No it isn't !! Bill has added his marks here.

3 posters

Go down

Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. Empty Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark? No it isn't !! Bill has added his marks here.

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 19 Aug - 12:52

Mug and jug: Bill Schiessel?
Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. Bs110

I spotted four of these mugs at Sallies today. None in perfect condition: one repaired handle, one chipped handle, etc.

None was marked for maker either. Searching the shelves I saw a matching milk jug and two similar looking coffee pots. The pot in the same stoneware clay had a mark like the Suzanne Bloch-Jorgensen mark but rather than being an impressed stamp it is black glaze.
Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. Bs210
Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. Bs310
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. Empty Re: Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark? No it isn't !! Bill has added his marks here.

Post  Ev Fri 19 Aug - 17:46

Only Bill would know.  I recall a listing on Trade Me where he was credited as the maker of something and he came on and huffed and puffed about it not being his mark or his work.  Although I was never sure what his mark definitely looked like, but by crikey he gets mixed up with Suzanne a lot.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17731
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. Empty Re: Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark? No it isn't !! Bill has added his marks here.

Post  Bill Schiessel Wed 18 Nov - 19:21

No it is not. There must have been quite a few BSs or SBs in the SIXTY YEARS since I first used it.

Is this the elusive Bill Schiessel mark?  No it isn't !!  Bill has added his marks here. Wssmar10[/url]

Watch out for my marks.
1957-68 Auckland
1990-97 PNG Potters, Port Moresby.
Bill Schiessel
Albany

I was a schoolboy playing rugby at TGS with Chester Nealie when I started. I dropped in, for the first time ever, to APS Onehunga a month ago and realised that Chester and I are probably the youngest of APS Foundation Member survivors.

Last edited by Bill Schiessel on Wed 18 Nov - 19:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Bill Schiessel

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-10-07

Hannele and madras_seersucker like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 19 Nov - 7:09

Thank you so much for your enlightening post Bill.
It is really fantastic to see what your marks really look like !!
All we have had to go on regarding your mark is what is in the Marks of New Zealand Potters Book, but it doesn't match what you have just added here.
Hence the confusion I would say.

I have added your marks to the NZ Potter's Marks Gallery and have credited the photos to you.  It will help dispel the confusion for the future.
Many thanks for sorting this out.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17731
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

madras_seersucker and sarahm76 like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum