NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis EmptyToday at 16:25 by signal red

» Tea pot ID help please. This was made by David Griffith
First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis EmptyToday at 8:48 by CrownPrince

» LARGE POTTERY WALL HANGING VESSEL - HELP TO ID MAKER
First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis EmptyYesterday at 22:24 by Leesyloubee

» HELP TO ID MAKER MARK - WALL HANGING VESSEL it is Stephen Carter
First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis EmptyYesterday at 22:23 by Leesyloubee

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis EmptyYesterday at 12:03 by Maryr

» Orange Air NZ pattern no namer
First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis EmptyYesterday at 11:06 by Ev

» Denise Wellsford
First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis EmptyYesterday at 10:42 by Ev

» Waimea Pottery
First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis EmptyYesterday at 10:36 by Ev

» Janet Rogers
First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis EmptyYesterday at 10:29 by Ev

First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis

4 posters

Go down

First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis Empty First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis

Post  Ev Mon 30 Jan - 9:54

Did I mention that I got a seat on this flight many thanks to mrnarna.  Well as it happens we are sharing a window and it's the most exciting thing I have ever done in my life, even though I've been dreaming of this for years!!!! 
Roll on March 23rd and I hope the excitement doesn't kill me in the meantime.

One seat was put on Trade Me for charity and the interest has been phenomenal. 
Have you ever seen a listing that has had over one million .... yes 1,000,000 views?
Check it out ...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1249278305
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17753
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis Empty Re: First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis

Post  Maryr Mon 30 Jan - 19:11

hoping you will create a commemorative platter/vase/pot Ev!
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis Empty Re: First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis

Post  Kat & Co. Mon 30 Jan - 20:55

Exciting!! bounce It will be amazing! alien
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2312
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 21 Mar - 15:08

Packing now. bounce

Off to Dunedin tomorrow to catch a plane on Thursday to chase the Southern Lights. There are so many excited butterflies inside me!!!
We have just heard that TV One will be on board and they will have a preview about the flight on the Thursday 6pm news. On Friday morning after we return there will be live crosses to the Breakfast Show from 6am that includes an online live audience with interviews and film footage. On Friday night's 6pm TV One Bulletin news there will be a package covering the trip.

This will be a once in a lifetime exiting other worldly experience and something I have desired for many years. *Waves* EEeeeeeeeeee

I won't be around for a few days so will leave things for the fabulous Admins to take care of as I will only have my phone with me xxxxxx Thank you, love you all xxxxx
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 27 Mar - 15:53

We did it and lived to tell the tale Very Happy
It was an unbelievable journey of discovery and the aurora danced around us to an unheard tune.  I could not see it in colour like the cameras could, but I could see the movement and the ghostly entity that brightened and faded endlessly.

We flew two thirds of the way to the Antarctic and in doing so we flew right through the auroral ring and out the other side then turned around and flew back through it again. 

Layton captured some marvellous photos and I have shared some to my Facebook page and you can see them here https://www.facebook.com/ev.williams.12

I adored Dunedin and picked up a few bits of pottery as well.  However I used up all of my months Data in four days, so I have to be very prudent for a couple of weeks and will get to take and post pics another day.  I fell in love with the South Island pottery of long ago and tried desperately to find written material on the subject, but to no avail.  When I asked at the Settlers Museum research centre, the reply was "Why don't you write about it."  Trusty Gail Henry was waiting for me at home though.

I could kick myself now as I passed up on a Luke Adams jug with tree ferns for $20 due to all of the other delicious distracting NZ Pottery they had.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

First historical Flight chasing the Aurora Australis Empty Aurora chasing

Post  Thelma Mon 27 Mar - 22:35

What an experience Ev, thanks for sharing it all with us, the photos are just amazing! :loveit:
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum