NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum

4 posters

Go down

Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum Empty Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum

Post  Ev Fri 17 Mar - 8:28

Public Share extends an invitation to former employees, their families, and friends of Crown Lynn to a morning tea event using mugs the collective has made from a never produced Crown Lynn design. At the morning tea we would love to share these objects with you and hear about your time at Crown Lynn. At the end of the event we invite you to take your mug home.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1352484871488860/

Not sure why the link has been crossed out, but it still works.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum Empty Re: Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 17 Mar - 9:45

What an amazing opportunity.

I have sent an expression of interest.

It comes down to whether a school holiday employee counts.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum Empty Re: Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum

Post  Ev Fri 17 Mar - 9:55

I would say that you would definitely qualify Jeremy Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sat 1 Apr - 19:44

I will prepare a few words about my Public Share experience but it was an intense visit to Auckland and I am a bit too tired to think straight just now.

My posts this afternoon all resulted from the trip. The Father cup and saucer were a trademe pickup, new mugs posted were just part of my opshop buys, and the Tapa update a happy coincidence from a pre-event visit to Te Toi Uku yesterday.

Public Share's new website is up and running, although not yet complete it is well worth a visit at: publicshare.co.nz

Here is my Public Share "mug", the bowl of a cup actually, the most recent addition to my collection. It is based on the cup for Peter Haythornthwaite's "Provincial" range which did not get to production before Crown Lynn closed.
Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum Ps110
83mm H x 97 OD
Public Share event at Te Toi Uku - Crown Lynn and Clayworks Museum Ps211

It is slipcast using commercial stoneware clay grogged with ground-up Crown Lynn material, then clear glazed. The same shape was used for the previous Public Share (Raku) event Te Toi Uku.

I will post more material soon, hopefully tomorrow.

Footnote: Prompted by my viewing of Finn's Public Share display, which I saw during my visit for the Swap Meet, I made my own clay from material sourced in Avondale (near the site of the Glenburn Pottery) which I had originally collected for glaze. My sample mugs of pure Avondale clay were bisqued last week and are a lovely buff colour. I am hoping that I can use the same material for an ash glaze for them.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  TimCaulton Wed 12 Apr - 15:15

Castle used a lump of Avondale clay I dug, somehow he made a pinchpot from it and shino glazed it. Buff coloured clay from the Alanbrooke area which was a farm in the past. Sandy and not very plastic. However it was a successful firing under the hands of a master. Public Share held their final raku cup giveaway on Sunday 9th 2017 at Te Uru. Looks like there were several left.
TimCaulton
TimCaulton

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn McCahon-Jones Thu 4 May - 17:17

Hi Jeremy - I finally uploaded images of the installation at Te Toi Uku onto Facebook.
Here's the link.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/TeToiUku/photos/?tab=album&album_id=751004288414115

Finn McCahon-Jones

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 5 May - 8:49

Thanks Finn.
I have had a quick peek. I will look at length later on.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum