NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
"The Ceramic Surface" an international book with NZ potters EmptyToday at 9:33 by signal red

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
"The Ceramic Surface" an international book with NZ potters EmptyToday at 9:22 by Ev

» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
"The Ceramic Surface" an international book with NZ potters EmptyYesterday at 6:12 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
"The Ceramic Surface" an international book with NZ potters EmptySat 27 Apr - 0:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
"The Ceramic Surface" an international book with NZ potters EmptyThu 25 Apr - 13:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
"The Ceramic Surface" an international book with NZ potters EmptyWed 24 Apr - 23:50 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
"The Ceramic Surface" an international book with NZ potters EmptySat 20 Apr - 3:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
"The Ceramic Surface" an international book with NZ potters EmptySat 20 Apr - 2:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
"The Ceramic Surface" an international book with NZ potters EmptyFri 19 Apr - 3:27 by Ev

"The Ceramic Surface" an international book with NZ potters

Go down

"The Ceramic Surface" an international book with NZ potters Empty "The Ceramic Surface" an international book with NZ potters

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 24 Jul - 4:17

On Saturday 15th Nicole and I went to Brunswick Street (Melbourne) to check out all things arty and discovered a bookshop where every (new!) book was just $6. I was going to stay outside because I find bookshops a bit demanding but right by the door was this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Ceramic Surface, by Matthias Ostermann, first published 2002

I thought it was just another coffee table book but flicking through I spotted work by Richard Parker so I decided it could actually be a serious work.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's my book now! Thinking perhaps Richard was NZ's sole representative I have had a bit more of a flick and found work by Chris Weaver, Royce McGlashen (twice), Andrew and Jeannie van Der Putten (separately), Raewyn Atkinson, Tony Bond, Merilyn Wiseman, Christine Thacker, and Steve Fulmer. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

At that price perhaps I should probably have bought two copies because as pretty as it is it is also very instructive so I'm likely to destroy this one pawing it with grubby hands.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum