NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi EmptyToday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi

2 posters

Go down

Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi Empty Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi

Post  Ev Mon 26 Feb - 18:36

Absolutely thrilled and need to yell so that someone can hear me !!!!

Pics will be posted when they arrive da dee da dum de dee I'm so happy :cloud7:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1550272698
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17729
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi Empty Re: Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 26 Feb - 20:42

I hear you in Whangarei Ev.

Nice price. Looks great.

I hope the beak goes back nicely.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi Empty Re: Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi

Post  Ev Tue 27 Feb - 5:58

Hahaaa I'm all over the place, but not in Whangarei atm Wink

The beak doesn't worry me, as it is an example of their Bird Ornaments and is the only one that I've come across cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 1 Mar - 14:24

The Partridge sticker appears again here on the Float Bowl.  
This has been painted like the other Partridge/Glen Afton pieces that I have and was made in the early 1940's.  
P.S.  The Harwyn sticker from Partridge appears to be kept for the handpainted pieces.

The Float Bowl is shape 41 and the Bird Ornament is Shape 52 and appears to be a Kingfisher.  I've popped a bit of Blu-tac on his broken beak to help the broken piece stay in place.

Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi Partri10

Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi Partri11

Glen Afton Shape 41 Floating Bowl and Shape 52 Bird Ornament has been won by moi Partri12
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum