NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is this black dish Crown Lynn 356 “Wet and Dry”
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark EmptyToday at 15:01 by kitsch

» Is this Titian Studio? No it's Diana Pottery Australia!
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark EmptyToday at 11:51 by kitsch

» Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark EmptyToday at 10:34 by kitsch

» Is this “Shell” shaped vase NZ pottery
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark EmptyToday at 10:14 by kitsch

» Is this large brown painted bowl Crown Lynn please?
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark EmptyToday at 10:10 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn Shape No. 42?
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark EmptyToday at 8:21 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn shape no.10!
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark EmptyToday at 8:19 by kitsch

» Temuka Maori motif wall vase
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark EmptyYesterday at 16:15 by Ev

» Temuka ware factory seconds
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark EmptyYesterday at 7:53 by Melita

Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark

3 posters

Go down

Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark Empty Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark

Post  Hannele Wed 23 May - 17:35

Lemons, tomatoes and something blue that I can't identify. Slightly faded at the inner rim:
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark Dsc03428
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark Dsc03430
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark Dsc03431
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark Dsc03429

Last edited by Ev on Thu 24 May - 7:20; edited 2 times in total
Hannele
Hannele

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark Empty Re: Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark

Post  Ev Thu 24 May - 7:21

Perhaps the blue bits are Blueberries?
How awesome to see the decorators E mark !!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark Empty Re: Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark

Post  Hannele Thu 24 May - 12:28

Yes, they could very well be blueberries, that certainly explains the black dot in them.

I didn't see that E mark on other pictures, so I made sure to get a clear shot. If that is the decorator's mark, who does it refer to?
Hannele
Hannele

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 24 May - 17:15

Well as there would have been many, many decorators working there, it remains to be seen who this one is and hopefully we will find out one day just like we have done with other potteries Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark Empty Large platter with a fish, marked E

Post  Hannele Fri 22 May - 13:18

Another platter marked with an E, this one is very large and decorated with a fish. Some crazing, but in great condition otherwise:
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark Img_1214
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark Img_1215
Morris & James - Platter with lemons and tomatoes with E mark Img_1213
Hannele
Hannele

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Fri 22 May - 17:05

Mike Rose from Morris and James gave me the following names of artists.

“M” is Marina Waller
“A” is Adrienne Thatcher
“OH” is Opal Heseltine
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannele Sat 23 May - 0:51

Maryr wrote:Mike Rose from Morris and James gave me the following names of artists.

“M” is Marina Waller
“A”  is Adrienne Thatcher
“OH” is Opal Heseltine
And the only letter I find is the E. Ah well, such is life. Smile

Last edited by Hannele on Sun 24 May - 13:25; edited 1 time in total
Hannele
Hannele

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryr Sat 23 May - 9:08

Yes! that little list is a very small start Hannale but I thought I should record them on this site while I remembered.
Hopefully we can find someone from Morris and James to tell us more. Those artists do/did such gorgeous work that it is nice to be able to acknlowedge the actual people.
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum