NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home

3 posters

Go down

HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home Empty HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home

Post  Hazzman Sat 12 Jun - 14:15

HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home 20210611
HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home 20210612
HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home 20210610

Hello folks,

The huge collection shown here are from my mothers estate and have been packed away in one form or another for the past 22 years. I recall, now fondly, the drives we would take out to Petra Ceramics in Mt Eden where my then 70+ year old Mum would add to her collection, piece by piece. The owner (was her name Petra?) was a friendly, attractive short haired blonde lady maybe around I assume 40 back then who always took the time to say hello while mum patiently poured across the various options & occasional specials or seconds. While mum used plates, cups and the tea pot, she was of the generation where you had line-ups of plates on display, up on end on the hutch dresser and your best stuff out on display for herself & others to admire. Most of this collection was just for looks.

Everything you see here on our dining table is in fair on perfect condition, excluding the casserole bowl & tea pot which strangely now features 'branching' under the clear coat, certainly not cracking as such.

I would like to see it go to a good home, appreciating both mums love of this collection and how well this long-gone brand is now thought of but I have no idea how to sell it & for what value. Do you sell it on Trade-me or is there a better more focused forum?

I'd prefer to sell it as one whole collection, as we are all busy people and it would be easiest that way rather than piece by piece. Any suggestions towards this would be very welcome. Thanks, Glenn Smile

Last edited by Hazzman on Sat 12 Jun - 14:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding text, thought i had already added it :))

Hazzman

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-07-05

Ev and Hannele like this post

Back to top Go down

HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home Empty Re: HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home

Post  Ev Sun 13 Jun - 16:08

Hi there, what a great collection!!
I'm not sure how to help you, but the pattern is called Flora that your Mother collected.
I've had a look on Trade Me and here are the expired listings from the last six weeks.
The listings with red flags sold and there is even on large collection.
I hope this helps in some way.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?&cid=340&searchType=&searchString=petra&x=0&y=0&searchregion=100&type=Search&sort_order=default&redirectFromAll=False&rptpath=340-&page=1&advanced=true&current=0
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17728
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Hazzman likes this post

Back to top Go down

HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home Empty Re: HUGE Petra ceramics collection needing a forever home

Post  Hazzman Sun 13 Jun - 17:16

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated indeed. I'll have a looksie on there & come up with a plan Smile

Hazzman

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-07-05

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  miarigby2@gmail.com Sun 21 Nov - 18:52

Hi, I am looking to replace a bowl that has broken and I have seen your picture above of the petra flora pattern bowls. Do you still have any of your bowls that I could buy off of you?

miarigby2@gmail.com

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-11-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum