NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware EmptyToday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware

2 posters

Go down

Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware Empty Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware

Post  Fiona-12345 Mon 10 Jan - 13:37

I can see that the Crown Lynn numbering system is a mystery to be solved and I'm hoping someone can help me solve mine!

I have recently purchased a lovely dinner set at the op shop and am trying to find out more about its origin. The pieces are stamped with  Carmello D514 Genuine New Zealand Ironstone but I haven't been able to find out more about when this was produced. Can anyone advise me about this or suggest where I should look?

Thanks,
Fiona
Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware Plate_11
Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware Plate_10

Fiona-12345

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-01-10

Back to top Go down

Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware Empty Re: Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware

Post  Ev Mon 10 Jan - 16:24

WOW !!!
We don't have this pattern on the site and I would like to add your photo to the Patterns Gallery please Fiona? I will credit you for the photo cheers
I would say that it was made in the later 1970's, because in the early 1980's they started giving patterns five digit numbers.
There were many patterns made with similar rings on them in the 1970's, but none this subtle and I think the name suits the pattern Very Happy
Hope that has helped a little.  Cheers Ev
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17729
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware Empty Re: Query re Carmello D514 New Zealand Ironstone dinnerware

Post  Fiona-12345 Mon 10 Jan - 16:34

Thanks Ev and how exciting, a new one for you! That’s really helpful information.

Fiona-12345

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-01-10

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum