NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack EmptyYesterday at 19:37 by Maryr

» Cornwall Collection d836 Contemporary Ceramics
The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack EmptyYesterday at 13:12 by Ev

» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack EmptySat 27 Apr - 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack

2 posters

Go down

The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack Empty The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack

Post  MarkusWinter Fri 7 Jul - 11:34

Hi all,

I have this spice rack - if it isn't in the gallery yet I'll take a better picture (I searched for spice rack but didn't find anything).

The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack Img_9410

I also searched the web but couldn't find anything. Any idea on what I could ask for it?

Thanks

Markus

MarkusWinter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2023-02-24

Back to top Go down

The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack Empty Re: The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack

Post  Ev Fri 7 Jul - 12:08

Hi there, we do have a spice set in a Stewart Pottery brochure on the site -
scroll to about half way down.
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/t9358-stewart-pottery-pictures-and-brochures-4

Sorry no idea of value, but I'm certain that there will be some interest Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17731
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Maryr and MarkusWinter like this post

Back to top Go down

The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack Empty Re: The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack

Post  MarkusWinter Sat 8 Jul - 20:51

The pictures in the link were quite old and low res so I added some - hope that was ok.

Btw had an offer of $50 but thought that was low-balling it a bit, so will probably try my luck on Trademe tomorrow and update this post when I know a bit more about its value …

MarkusWinter

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 9 Jul - 8:00

Thanks MarcusWinter, I have added your photo of the Spice Rack to the Stewart Pottery Gallery and credited you for it.
Stewart pottery is beautifully made and very classy, but it's not really sought after at this stage. I feel it will be appreciated more in the future.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17731
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

The Original Earthenware Colonial Range Spice Rack Empty Sold for $129 …

Post  MarkusWinter Tue 6 Feb - 10:31

Just to conclude the thread and for future reference should anybody else ever come across another one:

I sold it to someone on the South Island for $129 plus postage …

Feel a bit sad about letting it go as it is pretty unique (and I don't think I will come across another in my lifetime), but on the other hand it makes for a fantastic present and I'm sure it is being appreciated by its new owner …

MarkusWinter

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum