NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Orange and Brown amazing pattern
Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase EmptyYesterday at 7:51 by Ev

» Glenn Beattie
Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase EmptyYesterday at 7:40 by Ev

» Rancich/Silva Shape 58
Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase EmptyMon 6 May - 14:46 by JanPots

» NOT a Sherwood Pottery Galleon, as Made in Japan
Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase EmptyMon 6 May - 8:45 by Ev

» Minna Bondy
Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase EmptySun 5 May - 7:29 by Ev

» Jan Gillespie
Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase EmptyWed 1 May - 8:02 by Kat & Co.

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase EmptyTue 30 Apr - 15:34 by Maryr

» Hamilton Boys High and Old Folks Assoc. Hamilton Badgeware
Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase EmptyTue 30 Apr - 14:54 by JanPots

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase EmptyMon 29 Apr - 16:33 by signal red

Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase

3 posters

Go down

Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase Empty Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase

Post  Ticino21 Tue 21 Nov - 13:25

Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase B071c710
Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase Ba54f610
Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase 90b9a010
Hi - just wondered if anyone can help identify the potter of this piece which I bought recently. I am assuming it is an NZ piece but could be wrong. The potters mark looks to me like an angel-like motif, but, again, I could be wrong. It is a very fine and beautifully executed, spherical shape, vase.

Ticino21

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2023-11-21

Back to top Go down

Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase Empty Re: Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase

Post  Ev Tue 21 Nov - 13:29

Hi there, I haven't seen that mark before, so can't help with the potter and I hope someone can help.
Yes it has been fired in a Raku firing Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17740
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase Empty Re: Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase

Post  Ferret Wed 22 Nov - 8:46

Hi This mark looks like it belongs to Alan Rhodes. Cheers

Ferret

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2016-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Ticino21 Wed 22 Nov - 11:11

Thanks for both responses - it is a lovely piece and I will have a look for more of Alan’s work. Cheers

Ticino21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 22 Nov - 11:37

I don't see this mark as that of Alan Rhodes and I know him and his work very well.
However I will leave photos of his marks that are on the site for you to check out.

Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase Alan_r12

Help to identify potter of this raku (I think) vase Rhodes10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17740
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ticino21 Wed 22 Nov - 13:42

Thanks - I also saw that Alan’s potters marks look somewhat different so suspect this is not his piece. But I have contacted him directly to confirm. 

In the meantime if anyone else has any information about this mark, which as I say looks like it is an angel motif, I would welcome it.

Ticino21

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ticino21 Thu 23 Nov - 8:38

Alan has confirmed the pot is not one of his - so the mystery of the maker of this pot and user of the “angel” potters mark, remains to be resolved.

Ticino21

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum