NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
Just a few wee marks for help with :) EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
Just a few wee marks for help with :) EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
Just a few wee marks for help with :) EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
Just a few wee marks for help with :) EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
Just a few wee marks for help with :) EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
Just a few wee marks for help with :) EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
Just a few wee marks for help with :) EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
Just a few wee marks for help with :) EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
Just a few wee marks for help with :) EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

Just a few wee marks for help with :)

3 posters

Go down

Just a few wee marks for help with :) Empty Just a few wee marks for help with :)

Post  newbie Sun 21 Nov - 22:14

Hi there, now I have discovered this uploading thingy there will be no stopping me :lol!:

I have uploaded some photos to share to see if anyone can help ID these marks. I haven't been able to. Greeney one possibly Patti Meads? Brown sun one Mirek perhaps? I am still waiting for my pottery mark book to become a bona-fide potterspotter! Any help would be most appreciated, especially with the white squiggly one. This belong to an adorable little vessel with matching cups. The large beer barrel has a stamp I can't work out and also a C. at each end of the barrel. Thanks in advance! :bowdown:
[url=Just a few wee marks for help with :) Beerbarrel[/url]
[url=Just a few wee marks for help with :) Barrelmark][img][/url]Beer barrel mark.
[url=Just a few wee marks for help with :) Mystmark2[/url]Vessel with 6 cups.
[url=Just a few wee marks for help with :) Mirek[/url]Salt glazed mug.
[url=Just a few wee marks for help with :) Mysmark1[/url] Very cool little vase thing, very hard to photograph mark though.
[url=Just a few wee marks for help with :) Pmeadsmaybe[/url] Possible Pati Meads vase.
[url=Just a few wee marks for help with :) Lc[/url] Great porcelain piece that i can't identify, any clues? Glazed inside, looks like a sea-squirt.
[url=Just a few wee marks for help with :) Mysterybowl[/url]Another beautiful little porcelain item, suspect by same person as above.
CHEERS!
And prayers and love to the miners and their families in Greymouth. My heart and thoughts go out to you all.

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Back to top Go down

Just a few wee marks for help with :) Empty Re: Just a few wee marks for help with :)

Post  Ev Mon 22 Nov - 19:15

It's great to see you loading photos newbie Very Happy
Your macro is uber strength ..... they are so close that I can't really see them .... lolz
I have the potters marks book .... I'm sure that I've seen the white squigglely one before -
will check it out when I get a chance.
Love those sea creatures .... no idea who made them though.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Just a few wee marks for help with :) Empty Re: Just a few wee marks for help with :)

Post  newbie Tue 23 Nov - 1:30

Thanks! Yes, prob shouldn't have been quuuite so close lol! Yes, I'm sure I've seen squiggly one too, but just can't place it study

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Fri 17 Feb - 14:50

The sea creature pots remind me more of Doris Dutch than anyone else I know. She seems to use a lot of that lovely teal blue, and applied decoration with oxide (not sure of the proper terminology sorry!) I have a small piece of hers that she gave to my father, who once flew a small plane half the way around the world with her younger brother jim. I could be completely wrong of course, any other thoughts anyone?
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum