NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Blue Daisy Spray Pattern
Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery EmptyToday at 18:56 by JanPots

» Maker mark ..
Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery EmptyToday at 10:35 by rachelmoore

» Help with potter ID please?
Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery EmptySat 18 May - 11:33 by Pippa J

» Crown Lynn teapot shape 787 courtesy of Manos
Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery EmptySat 18 May - 8:47 by Ev

» Critters d731
Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery EmptyFri 17 May - 18:52 by JanPots

» Oakley Lodge
Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery EmptyFri 17 May - 15:50 by Kat & Co.

» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery EmptyWed 15 May - 20:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery EmptyWed 15 May - 17:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery EmptyWed 15 May - 7:45 by UrsulaC

Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery

2 posters

Go down

Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery Empty Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery

Post  Ev Sun 29 May - 11:44

1st June to 14th August 2011 Free Admission.

Brian Brake is well known in New Zealand's pottery circles for his brilliant photography of pottery in many books... though I went to this exhibition at Te Papa earlier in the year and didn't see any pottery photos.
There were many magical photos on display that were so awe inspiring! Don't miss this opportunity!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17757
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery Empty Re: Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery

Post  TimCaulton Sun 29 May - 19:22

I have a Brake photo in the archives of St Marks pottery
TimCaulton
TimCaulton

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery Empty Re: Brian Brake - Lens on the World Exhibition at the Auckland Art Gallery

Post  Ev Mon 30 May - 18:32

Crikey I think I need a refresher course in St Marks Tim Razz

Somewhere on the site is a reference to Doreen Blumhardt photos that Brian Brake took.....
They were the best friends and both are in my family tree ......
my nephews have their gene-pool mix lucky fellows Cool
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17757
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TimCaulton Mon 30 May - 18:37

St Marks Pottery, was a pottery on St Marks road New Market, owned by T&M Bayliss
TimCaulton
TimCaulton

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum