NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

A Crown Lynn Eggcup? Heather says that Ole King Cole is English

4 posters

Go down

A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English Empty A Crown Lynn Eggcup? Heather says that Ole King Cole is English

Post  mumof1 Wed 14 Sep - 11:38

A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English Dsc05615
This is another of my late Mother's pieces, feels like it could be Crown Lynn, no mark on the base, but the base looks similar to a couple of their vases, which is why I was wondering. Did they make these sort of eggcups?  sunny
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2369
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English Empty Re: A Crown Lynn Eggcup? Heather says that Ole King Cole is English

Post  Ev Wed 14 Sep - 14:38

We have a Crown Lynn Eggcup topic ....
this thread may help .... then again it may also confuse you lolz

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t97-old-king-cole-king-bucket
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

A Crown Lynn Eggcup?  Heather says that Ole King Cole is English Empty Re: A Crown Lynn Eggcup? Heather says that Ole King Cole is English

Post  HeatherT Mon 3 Oct - 21:04

Hi,

That eggcup I am 99% sure is English. There is an eggcup site, name escapes me, but they have eggcups for sale (it is a UK site) and this one appears often. I will try to hunt out a previous post I made on it. Very Happy

http://www.rubylane.com/item/11055-02869/Anthropomorphic-Pink-Glaze-Ceramic-Egg

Found it on Ruby Lane - sometimes it is easier to prove something isnt Crown Lynn than know it is..
HeatherT
HeatherT

Number of posts : 874
Interests: : Crown Lynn animals, swans and vases

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Mon 3 Oct - 21:20

Thanks for that. I'm pleased to say mine is in much better condition, no crazing.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2369
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  HeatherT Mon 3 Oct - 21:22

..and going by that website, still very collectible...

I have just had to banana box all mine to make room on my shelves for other stuff... Very Happy
HeatherT
HeatherT

Number of posts : 874
Interests: : Crown Lynn animals, swans and vases

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Wed 3 Jun - 15:27

I just found Old King Cole & Bo Peep in the CL Portage Archives!! Suspect
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2314
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 3 Jun - 16:07

They don't know what Heather knows Kat and you can let them know that they are English egg cups if you leave a comment on those pages Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Wed 3 Jun - 18:26

Portage have both the rabbit & carts(cross in wheel & without) too, are they both CL?
too many questions to be certain aye..? cat
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2314
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum