NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396

2 posters

Go down

Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 Empty Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396

Post  Ev Fri 14 Oct - 12:05

Genuine Ironstone ....
Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 No_nam13

Last edited by Ev on Sun 5 Jan - 7:58; edited 2 times in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 Empty Re: Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396

Post  Ev Mon 9 Jan - 21:08

Saw a pic from a cutting of this pattern at the Museum today ...
The only thing is the pic had a thin white band on the edge, so I'm not sure if it has the same name, which was Bianca d339.
There was also a photocopy of this pattern that had a brown line on the rim,
Pirouette d396 but I don't think this will be the pattern name either!
Close but not close enough!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 Empty Re: Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396

Post  Ev Tue 29 May - 20:54

This is definitely Pirouette d396 as there is a note on Bianca d339 which has the white outer band, that says without band - Pirouette d396
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 20 May - 12:00

Hmmmm so which pattern is this one with the brown band ? Huh??
I am confused by my own ramblings Razz

Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 Not_pi10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sat 4 Jan - 19:43

Hi Ev... From the patterns book, I have looked at both of these patterns and I can see that someone has used a copy of the same image for both Bianca d339 and Pirouette d396. On one of them the brown band has been trimmed off, and left the white showing.
I would say that the brown line pattern one is Pirouette d396 and the other is Bianca d339 ( with no white band) as the plate is a 771. Can you have another look and see what you think... Janice
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2142
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 5 Jan - 7:50

These are on my long list to work out and I find this one confusing.
d339 Bianca has a white band around the edge and has a note that without the band it is
d396 Pirouette.
Then on d396 Pirouette the pattern shows a white edge band with a thin brown band, which I guess is the last pic that I posted.
So which one is the all over pattern?  There seem to be three pattern variations..... ?
I will add the brown band as Pirouette d396 and put the all over pattern into the No Names Gallery.  They are both on the same coupe shaped ware.

Edits in Janice's reply........
Yeah.. I know what you mean, I read it as the all-over pattern, but then again, if you were cutting down a photo-graph, why not cut off the white at the same time? Agreed, not enough evidence to confirm one way or the other....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Fri 14 Sep - 18:22

This dinner plate has no named backstamp.....but look at the gap between the edge of the pattern and the brown line...it looks odd.
Just putting the photo here as I have ear-marked this plate to "leave my collection"
Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 20180926
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 Empty Pirouette d396

Post  JanPots Thu 6 Feb - 11:20

Ev... Whilst still filing my notes on my hard drive... I came across this image

More evidence to confirm that we are correct with Pirouette d396 as the Auckland Museum  online Archives show this photo.
sticker on the base confirms Smile
Although they say Black band and I thought it was brown but it could be teapot brown which is nearly black

The one I have with that huge gap, I think was a 'Friday Job' ( used the wrong sized transfer) ? lol

Fabulous no name marigolds from ynotbrich and Pirouette d396 Captur14
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum