NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified .....

2 posters

Go down

Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... Empty Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified .....

Post  Ev Thu 24 Nov - 7:02

1. The pot .... which has a familiar Peter Collis look about it... but the mark isn't his?
Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... Missja10Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... Missja11

2.Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... Missja14

3. Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... Missja15
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... Empty Re: Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified .....

Post  TimCaulton Fri 25 Nov - 15:51

Sometimes it helps to see the pot as well as the mark. #2 looks like Carrick Oliver perhaps
TimCaulton
TimCaulton

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... Empty Re: Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified .....

Post  Ev Fri 25 Nov - 19:10

I thought of Carrick when I saw the 2nd mark .... though the glaze going over the mark doesn't help and I'm sure that I would recognise his work ... so agree a pic of the pots as well as the mark is an excellent idea.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 27 Nov - 11:15

missjane has sent in a photo of the possible Carrick Oliver -

Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... Missja16

Well I don't recognise the ramekin as a Carrick Oliver piece.... does anyone else?
But the handle is very distinctive so should help with id.
Can you feel a tiny O at the top of the C that has been covered with glaze missjane?

and some pottery election humour ... now that takes me back Wink
Three mystery marks that missjane would like identified ..... Missja17
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum