NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots?

3 posters

Go down

hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? Empty hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots?

Post  Ev Tue 13 Dec - 12:07

He asks if they are perhaps Crown Lynn or Titian, but with the number 4282 on the base, I don't think so.
Does anyone recognise these two?

hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? Crown_15

hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? Crown_16
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17667
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? Empty Re: hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots?

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 29 Aug - 10:58

Ev, I have no answer to this question.

Just another question:

These numbers, note the FONT (not the actual digits), were seen on some items brought to Val's meeting in Whangarei, on items thought maybe Crown Lynn,

however it was generally agreed Crown Lynn did not use numbers in this style, or font,

so, who might we be looking at with this style of marking?

Firstly, is it NZ?

(I do not remember whether or not I saw an NZ mark, or even what item of pottery were looking at!)
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots? Empty Re: hon-john would like to know who made these salt or pepper pots?

Post  Ev Thu 29 Aug - 12:43

That's a hard question Jeremy, but I will do my best to give an answer.
Crown Lynn did use four digit numbers starting with 4 .
You can see some examples in the Four Digit Gallery and the 4 stands for Flatware.
The records go from 4010 to 4068 for the earthenware shapes, then jump to the Vitrified Flatware numbers which start at 4610 to 4670. There are no records for 4282.
Then there is the font, which doesn't look familiar.
So it's easy to tell that they are not Crown Lynn.
I have never seen numbers like that on Titian wares, so I would exclude them as well.
Actually I wouldn't think that any pottery in New Zealand made them ..... which just leaves the rest of the world to consider Laughing 
Google was no help as I couldn't find the right keywords, but it did give me a German Intercontinental Ashtray that Crown Lynn copied !!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17667
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Thu 29 Aug - 13:31

Those numbers, and the font, look German to me. Every now and then, you see items on T/Me with 4 digit numbers, and invariable they are German made.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2359
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum