NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» BS? Is anyone able to help please…
Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery EmptyToday at 16:06 by tabbyland

» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery

3 posters

Go down

Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery Empty Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery

Post  Ev Sun 22 Jan - 13:46

These turn up on a regular basis on here and on Trademe and I'm going to add all that I can find here to see if we can learn something from it.
.20.Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery _20_10.506.Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery _506_11.506.Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery _506_10.511.Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery _511_10
.511.Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery _511_11.509.Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery 509_wa11.510.Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery 510_wa11

will keep adding pics as I can find them ....

Last edited by Ev on Sun 22 Jan - 21:01; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery Empty re Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery

Post  Jonno Sun 22 Jan - 16:48

Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery Img_0814

Ev, here is my .506. in eggshell white I like it and bought it as CL but know it isn't thanks to your help.
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery Empty Re: Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery

Post  Ev Sun 22 Jan - 20:53

Thanks Jonno, I will put your 'mug-shot' into the line up too Suspect
I thought there were more pics around on the site, but haven't located them other than ones that don't have any dots ...... ?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery Empty two-dots-four-digits

Post  Jeremy Ashford Fri 13 Sep - 14:19

I have discovered what happened to the "Titian" casserole or tureen from my late friend Graham's garage sale.
Seems another friend, Trish, bought it.
No pics (of course). I was expecting to see it in the gallery already.

Rimmed but handle-less tureen or casserole.
Brownish glaze with pale blue sheen. (Opalescence rather than iridescence.)
Radiating grooves, (about) 200d x 125h with lid.
No crazing, looks pristine.

Number .1673. at the "top" (11-1 position, rather than 7-5) of the base.
I assumed it to be Titian.
Font looks right for Crown Lynn/Titian.
I've looked in Titian, and looked in four digits.
Does it sound familiar to anyone?

I don't see any four-digit-double-dots here.
Do we have any on record?
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery Empty Re: Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery

Post  Ev Fri 13 Sep - 19:13

Not sure if I've seen these, but this is what the records say Jeremy -

1669 - "Ionic" Medium Casserole - first made in April 1970
1670 - Lid to 1669, 1671, 1672 "
1671 - "Ionic" Stewpot "
1672 - "Ionic" Small Casserole "
1673 - "Ionic" Large Casserole "
1674 - Lid to 1673 "

If you see any listings for any of these please let us know so that we can see what they look like.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery Empty "Ionic Casserole"

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sat 14 Sep - 11:57

Thanks Ev,
I will pass that info on to Trish.

I guess it could be a large casserole.
The measurements I gave were an approximation from memory.

It's is very nice and despite its being called a casserole I would be reluctant to put in the oven if mine.
(Nowadays I guess there is a tacit guarantee that if you call something a casserole,
then it is ovenproof, but who do you call?!)

That makes two numbers: casserole 1673 and lid 1674.

I presume the name it refers to flutes of a classical column.
(I thought Ionic was not fluted but I just googled.)
I know where it is so I can get a pic later in the year.

Is it a Crown Lynn number or Titian?

Oh, I guess the date of 1970 might partly answer that technically as CL owned Titian,
but with my limited knowledge...was some Titian still sold as Titian?

Or is the number Orzel?

Last edited by Jeremy Ashford on Sat 14 Sep - 12:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add further confusion)
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 14 Sep - 18:12

All the records that I have copies of are Crown Lynn records. Sometimes they show the old Titian number in brackets that have letters as well as numbers. Crown Lynn adopted many Titian shapes, but gave them Crown Lynn Four Digit shape numbers. So yes these are Crown Lynn.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery Empty Ionic Large Casserole and Lid .1673. .1674.

Post  Jeremy Ashford Thu 19 Dec - 13:40

I finally got back to Tricia's place to photo this for the gallery.
Sorry no measurements. It's about 8 inches across.
Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery Io10
Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery Io210
Pieces with dots before and after the number that don't match the Crown Lynn Shapes Gallery Io310
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Thu 19 Dec - 16:36

Wow!!!! I haven't seen anything like that before!
Thanks so much Jeremy and Tricia.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum