NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

I can't find a number for this wall vase - It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone

4 posters

Go down

I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone Empty I can't find a number for this wall vase - It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone

Post  mumof1 Sun 22 Apr - 16:25

I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone Dsc00630
I can't see this in the gallery, and can't find a number on it (where would it be even), but is it in fact Crown Lynn?
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2369
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone Empty Re: I can't find a number for this wall vase - It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone

Post  Ev Tue 24 Apr - 17:53

I'm fairly sure that this shape is Crown Lynn. I see them on Trademe on a regular basis, usually without the frame that they hang in. We just have to wait for more info to turn up regarding the number. Perhaps the Portage Ceramic Museum will be able to help when it gets established ..... one can only hope Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone Empty Re: I can't find a number for this wall vase - It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone

Post  Ev Mon 24 Feb - 17:35

Today while adding descriptions to photos in the galleries I came across this description and immediately thought of mumof1's cone shaped vase -

581 - Small Cone

This was right after the 579 Small Round Hanging Pot [Wasp Nest] and the
580 Small Round Hanging Pot, so I feel it is in the scheme of things. There doesn't seem to be room on this pot to put a number, so we may never find a numbered one.
Does anyone agree? Or disagree?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Mon 24 Feb - 17:56

I would agree Ev, the numbers follow, and I was sure it was a Crown Lynn. It looks too much like the others (and also the hand potted vases now I look at it again). Thanks for all your good work  cheers 
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2369
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Mon 24 Feb - 20:04

yes it looks right  cat 
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2314
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Tue 25 Feb - 18:25

I also think it is a Crown Lynn cone wall vase. I have a green, yellow, baby blue and red one and the colours match the Crown Lynn 568 brick vases and my red 541 flower vase.
The 580 hanging vase, 579 wasp nest and the cone vase look hand potted to me too.
I have two 580 one in red and one in white and they are slightly different in size which could be because they might be hand potted. The red 580 also matches my cone vases red colour.

Looking at the red 580 and the white 580 in front of me now they are actually very different.
EV, I posted both pictures sometime last year and mentioned that one of them looked a different shape. One looks like Kat & Co's 580 and one does not.

The red one has a smooth bottom and smoother lines, it is also wider at the top. But the red colour matches all my other red Crown Lynn vases.

The white one looks hand potted underneath with the swirls, has sharp lines and is narrower at the top. And it is very much like the 579 wasp vase with the same sharp lines.

What does Kat & Co's 580 look like? Has it got the sharp lines and swirls underneath?
I you haven't got the photos any more I can get my husband to take new once.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 25 Feb - 18:44

Thank you for your vote of confidence haselnuss Smile

To my way of thinking the Handpotted ware will have a Handpotted or Hand Crafted stamp on it. The 579, 580 and 581 are in the Castware records, which means that they have been slip cast. Perhaps the master for these moulds was hand crafted on a wheel and this would leave tell tale rings and circular patterns on the base. Your unusual one may be the result of a new mould being made perhaps, as this would create variations..... ? But I'm just guessing really, so take my words with a grain of salt.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Tue 25 Feb - 19:35

I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone Dscn0716
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone Dscn0717
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone Dscn0718
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone Dscn0719
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone Dscn0720
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone Dscn0723
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 25 Feb - 20:01

WOW !!!!! Those are stunning photos haselnuss!

Are they all in the Royal Oak painted colours? Or are there any glazed ones in there?
Perhaps the blue? Oh that unusual 580 looks like a Mark2 version with a smaller tidier bottom doesn't it?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Wed 26 Feb - 10:00

Ok so mines different again it has a foot rim, I know Jim has a green example I will go see what its like. cat  the horizontal grooves are very crisp there is no cast lines look about it..
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone 58010
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone 508_cl10
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone 580110
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post  haselnuss Wed 26 Feb - 12:38

Hello, Only the blue 464 wall vase is colour glaze. All the others are Royal Oak painted colours.
haselnuss
haselnuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Sat 1 Mar - 10:18

This is Jim's in green, flat base, shorter wire..
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone Green_20
I can't find a number for this wall vase -  It looks like this is the 581 Small Cone Green_22
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum