NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ EmptyYesterday at 19:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ EmptyYesterday at 1:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ EmptyYesterday at 0:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ EmptyYesterday at 0:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ EmptyYesterday at 0:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ EmptyWed 27 Mar - 23:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ EmptyWed 27 Mar - 20:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ EmptyWed 27 Mar - 20:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ EmptyWed 27 Mar - 19:55 by Ev

Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~

3 posters

Go down

Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ Empty Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~

Post  Cat-a-lat Tue 22 May - 4:07

Kelston Ceramics,  brown abstract retro flowers on white... couldn't find this in the gallery

Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ Dsc00213
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ Empty Re: Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~

Post  Ev Tue 22 May - 8:41

I haven't seen this one before ..... soooooo retro Laughing
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ Empty Re: Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~

Post  Cat-a-lat Tue 22 May - 9:24

Cool yep, it's pretty cool , 60s-ish design by the style I think? It's the shape with the evenly curved lip/shallow bowl shape, which is my favourite shape - I like forma but it's just a bit angular for me i think, and I'm not that fussed on the 80s shape (that I grew up with) with the thick rim, I'm rather fond of apollo though.... and now I'm rambling, sorry!

Does anyone know when the different plate shape/profiles were introduced and retired (presuming they retired them and didn't carry on producing all the older types as they introduced new ones)
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 22 May - 19:35

An interesting question about the shapes of plates Cat.
In a 1988 catalogue that I have they were still making the shallow shaped ware, which they call the Classique shape, also the Rim shape with that wide rim you mention and the Apollo shape.
So it looks like all of those shapes were never retired. As there is no mention of the Forma shape, perhaps that was one shape that had been retired...?
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Tue 22 May - 19:59

Thanks for filling in the blanks on the shape names :-) interesting! Do you know when the different shapes were introduced?
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 23 May - 4:15

Only know that the Forma shape was launched in 1973 and the Apollo shape in 1969-70 after the first moon landing - thanks to Val Monk's book.
The shallow Classique shape seems to be long time favourite and the Rim shape goes back a long way too.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 2 Oct - 21:21

Cat-a-lat.... I know where there are some saucers to match this plate... but they are $3 each.  If you are interested, I can grab them for you.. There are 3 left.  I would love to see what the matching cup .... super cool pattern Smile 
I bought a saucer, milano plate and the Danzig cup.. $24 all up .... cheaper than TM hehehe
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ Empty Orange flower I know we already had this, but can't find it

Post  Ev Sat 30 May - 23:59

Help!!!!!!

Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ Orange10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sun 31 May - 5:57

I can't see it.. its a Wowser !!! very funky Razz
I have looked through twice and I keep coming back to the orange flower of Marls, but that's not it
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sun 31 May - 6:10

umm.. I don't even know anymore what I have stashed away  Embarassed Razz

Vaguely maybe Kat & Co put something up as I recall I got this saucer from Raglan and asked if Kat wanted me to go and buy another to match a BB plate maybe  ??? Over a year ago...

edits Cat-a-lat not Kat & Co

Abstract retro flowers - brown on white - Kelston Ceramics ~ 15210

Last edited by JanPots on Sun 31 May - 6:41; edited 1 time in total
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sun 31 May - 6:39

JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 31 May - 6:42

I knew it was a plate and I knew it was in the gallery but I couldn't find it for the life of me !!!! Thank you Janice and now I will join the two topics together Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 31 May - 6:43

bumps to join Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum