NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

Yellow Roses on Fabrique - name starts with P - Rose?

4 posters

Go down

Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? Empty Yellow Roses on Fabrique - name starts with P - Rose?

Post  Cat-a-lat Sat 14 Jul - 17:47

I got this plate today but was surprised not to find it in the gallery. The backstamp is all but illegible, there were 3 or 4 plates in this pattern in the shop, but this was the only one in decent condition - the gold backstamp was completely worn off the others. My best guess is Patio Rose from a lot of squinting and looking sideways at it to catch the light on the remnants of the letters!.

Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? Dsc00910

Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? Dsc00911
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? Empty Re: Yellow Roses on Fabrique - name starts with P - Rose?

Post  Ev Sat 14 Jul - 18:28

The pattern looks familiar ....
I will do some investigating tomorrow and see what turns up.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? Empty Re: Yellow Roses on Fabrique - name starts with P - Rose?

Post  Cat-a-lat Sat 14 Jul - 18:35

Ta, it looked familiar to me, too, which is why I was surprised that it was not here already! It is very similar in design/layout to 'Sonata'. I might do a google on 'patio rose' and see what turns up. Cool
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Sat 14 Jul - 19:37

Here we go, although interestingly these bowls have the same pattern and backstamp as my plate, but without the fabrique background.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/pottery-glass/porcelain-pottery/crown-lynn/bowls-dishes/auction-491810550.htm
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 15 Jul - 8:31

Thanks Cat cat
The backstamp remains appear to match that listing .....
Database shows two entries -
Patio Rose 47
Patio Rose 810
I will add your photo to the Gallery and title it Patio Rose until we can determine which number it is.
Val Monk has that backstamp in her book and says it's from the 1960's.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marl474 Sun 15 Jul - 9:35

I have a pic of patio Rose d47 off trademe and it is a pink rose on fabrique, the same rose as the yellow, so perhaps the yellow is the other number. cheers, marl
Marl474
Marl474

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Sun 15 Jul - 9:57

That sounds very likely, thanks for that! More pieces of the puzzle Smile
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? Empty re Yellow Roses on Fabrique - name starts with P - Rose?

Post  Jonno Wed 15 Aug - 14:23

Saw another version of this design today but back stamped Painters Rose d682
Kelston Potteries.
In this case the spray of Roses are red but are on the same Fabrique background.
Didn't buy as it has a minor smear under the glaze but as it seems to be another CL design for the gallery may throw caution to the winds and whip down tomorrow and grab it for the princely sum of $2.00
Jonno
Jonno

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 15 Aug - 15:28

Yeow .... the Database has Painters Rose as d882 so I would appreciate knowing which number it really is Jonno. Those numbers can be so hard to read sometimes!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? Empty re Re: Yellow Roses on Fabrique - name starts with P - Rose?

Post  Jonno Wed 15 Aug - 17:41

You could well be right Ev forgot to take my glass will certainly go back tomorrow and hope that it is still there. Standby.
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  Marl474 Wed 15 Aug - 21:41

I have got a pic of Painters Rose with the number 882, cheers Marl
Marl474
Marl474

Back to top Go down

Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? Empty Re:re Yellow Roses on Fabrique - name starts with P - Rose?

Post  Jonno Wed 15 Aug - 21:48

Hi Marl , Are you able to post your photo for the gallery and that will save me a trip tomorrow and $2.00? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Post  Marl474 Thu 16 Aug - 21:51

Hi Jonno, my Painters Rose is a picture which I lifted off Trademe so can't show it here. It a spray of red roses on Fabrique. The roses look identical to those on Rose Red, hope this helps. Marl
Marl474
Marl474

Back to top Go down

Yellow Roses on Fabrique -  name starts with P - Rose? Empty re RE:RE YELLOW ROSES ON FABRIQUE - NAME STARTS WITH P - ROSE?

Post  Jonno Fri 17 Aug - 15:07

Thanks for that have bought the plate I saw on Wednesday and posted for the gallery under the title Painter's Rose. Luckily it was still there.

Pleasing to see that we respect the copyright laws when lifting images from the web.
Jonno
Jonno

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum