NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Allisons from different families?

Go down

Two Allisons from different families? Empty Two Allisons from different families?

Post  Glenys on Sat 16 Mar - 20:18

I bought this saucer today at an op shop in Dunedin. It just screamed Allison Black to me.
Two Allisons from different families? Brazil10Two Allisons from different families? Brazil11

I have never seen a plate from Brazil before, but it has to be the same designer. Rolling Eyes
Sorry, I couldn't get the Allison saucer from the Gallery to copy bigger for comparison.

Two Allisons from different families? Alliso11

Last edited by Glenys on Sat 16 Mar - 20:28; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Add comparison pic)

Glenys

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Two Allisons from different families? Empty Re: Two Allisons from different families?

Post  Ev on Sat 16 Mar - 21:15

This is Marls photo from the Allison Black topic .... which is a lot bigger than the thumbnail in the Gallery ..... similar and yet quite different.
Two Allisons from different families? Alliso10
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 15038
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Two Allisons from different families? Empty Re: Two Allisons from different families?

Post  Glenys on Sat 16 Mar - 21:18

Yes, and the pattern on the saucer is considerably reduced. Still not the same but I'd bet on the same designer.

Glenys

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum