NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Unidentified Potter's marks - a request EmptyToday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Unidentified Potter's marks - a request EmptyToday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Unidentified Potter's marks - a request EmptyToday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Unidentified Potter's marks - a request EmptyYesterday at 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Unidentified Potter's marks - a request EmptyYesterday at 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Unidentified Potter's marks - a request EmptyYesterday at 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Unidentified Potter's marks - a request EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Unidentified Potter's marks - a request EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Unidentified Potter's marks - a request EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Unidentified Potter's marks - a request

3 posters

Go down

Unidentified Potter's marks - a request Empty Unidentified Potter's marks - a request

Post  Cat-a-lat Sun 23 Jun - 8:14

I love the new potter's mark gallery organisation, but could we please please pretty please have the equivalent of tableware's no names album, with all the photos of unidentified potter's marks in it? That way people can see them all at a glance and we may be more likely to get them identified Very Happy

Does anyone else think this would be useful? study

Sorry to suggest something that will require yet more time and effort.. Embarassed
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Unidentified Potter's marks - a request Empty Re: Unidentified Potter's marks - a request

Post  Ev Sun 23 Jun - 8:29

That's a great idea Cat and we did have a Mystery Marks Gallery at one time, but as it didn't get much attention I removed it to give us more Gallery space. 
At the moment thanks to awesome members donations we have heaps of Gallery space.

Now I want your ideas Cat ...... is there any way we can put them into some sort of order or is random ok?  Actually we need to be able to go back to the original post, so that if we find the potters name we can post it there.  In the Patterns No Names Gallery we put keywords from the title of the original post when we add it to the Gallery.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Unidentified Potter's marks - a request Empty Re: Unidentified Potter's marks - a request

Post  Cat-a-lat Sun 23 Jun - 12:10

As far as order goes, those with recognisable initials can be organised alphabetically, maybe a section for marks with letters we can't work out, and then all our flower/sun/leaf/dot and squiggle marks.

You might have to go through the unknown marks and add the same description of the mark to the title of the topic so it can easily be located, or would it be possible to have a link direct to that topic embedded in the description in the gallery?

I had thought that would be useful in the no-names gallery too, or having a link to the full size photo when you click on it - at the moment you get small photos and they can be hard to identify the patterns, probably not an issue with potters marks though
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 23 Jun - 12:50

I would LoVe a link from the Gallery thumbnail to the original photo! 
Thanks for the suggestion and I will try to find out how to make that work before doing anything.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Tue 25 Jun - 12:43

mumof1 wrote:Sadly, no, you are not the only one. The last reply I received was 26/10/2012 affraid
However, I still get notifications of new registrations (?) so I'm not sure how that works. I am just in the habit of checking in several times a day now. It would be nice if we could resolve it though, as there are others in the same boat. sunny

I was wondering whether it was a result of vodafone taking over clear (my internet/email provider) and ithe emails getting zapped by spam filters or something like that, but as your issue predates mine, it could well be something else.
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Tue 25 Jun - 13:27

I am with clear, so it could be related perhaps? I don't understand why it used to work, and now doesn't scratch I even added the site to my safe senders to see if that would help, but it didn't.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 25 Jun - 18:44

Firstly let me check your personal settings girls ...... and you both have the right boxes ticked!
You can both see if the box at the bottom of any page you have posted on says email me a reply or something like that.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 25 Jun - 20:47

Cat-a-lat wrote:

I might -at some point when I haven't just had a couple of glasses of wine - change my email to my gmail address and see if they're coming through on that.

This seems to solve the problem, going by what is on forumotion help site, so please try it and let us know Cat .....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Fri 28 Jun - 11:32

An update. I changed my e-mail (on this site) from my personal one to our business one, both @clear, and received topic replies, so it can't be my server. What now???
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 28 Jun - 12:09

I just want to tell you that I would have never recognized that mark
... But I would have recognized the work . I take my hat off to you cat.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Fri 28 Jun - 12:13

Ok, here's your reply Very Happy:D

However, I re-instated my personal e-mail again, and.... I RECEIVED THE REPLY NOTIFICATION TO THIS POST !!!Razz

Am now wondering if we delete your e-mail and then put it back in would work for you too?
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Fri 28 Jun - 12:22

Ev wrote:I just want to tell you that I would have never recognized that mark
... But I would have recognized the work .  I take my hat off to you cat.

:-) Thanks Ev, I was for a while NZ champion in a puzzle game that involved rotation of tiles, so developed quite a facility to visualise rotations. cyclops
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Fri 28 Jun - 13:01

Sad

no notification, I did happen to just log back in again at 12.58 so just a minute since your post, I may have inadvertently jumped the gun on it...

Do you know why I can't change my email on the site? Quite frustrating.
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Fri 28 Jun - 13:04

Because it is not allowed, only admin can do it. Took me a while to figure that out. Can you pm me your e-mail address please, as it took 24 hours for mine to come back, so might be the same with yours, or, maybe you need to log out or turn off your e-mail account and then start it again?
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Fri 28 Jun - 13:06

:party:

WooHooo! No need to change anything, I just got the topic reply notification!
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Fri 28 Jun - 13:13

Great! I took your e-mail out and put mine in and saved it, then took mine out again and put your back in! Now I can fix anyone else's that it happens to. So great to finally solve this!! cheers
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Fri 28 Jun - 13:17

Brilliant, thanks so much Very Happy :bowdown:
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 28 Jun - 20:36

Triple Brilliant sunny!!!!!
I had somehow missed how you managed to get Cat back to getting emails re - replies.
We are so lucky to have you on here, as you are so helpful not only to me, but to everyone.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 7 Jul - 9:48

Going back to the original request, now that notifications have been sorted thanks to sunshine.

I've been able to add a link to the topic in the Post Reply box that you find below all of the data when you click onto the photo ........
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/New-Zealand-Potters-Marks/NZ-Potters-Mystery-Marks/gal_preply.htm?pic_id=4482&comment_id=669&mode=edit

Would that be ok? Please comment. I would like to put the link in the photo, but am unable to work this out at this time Razz
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Sun 7 Jul - 11:38

Hi Ev, that's workable Smile , it's not a clickable link for me though (from the reply box), I have to paste it into my browser, but far less frustrating than not being able to find the topic that the image originated from at all!!
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 7 Jul - 11:50

It works as a clickable link for me if I go back into it from the Gallery .....
Okey dokey I will load some more. Also it will be easy to add the topic link to the no name patterns and I will be able to find them again !!! Success :starwars:
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Sun 7 Jul - 11:55

Going in through the gallery works for me too! Yay clickable link!cheers 
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 7 Jul - 17:42

So I've done my dash for today and found heaps that had been identified and needed moving into the main studio pottery topic. There are loads more to go and that's just in the Mystery Marks topic, let alone the Is This NZ Pottery topic.... I will work on it when I can. It feels great though - thanks to Cat for coming up with this idea cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Sun 7 Jul - 17:53

Awesome, I have been watching the addition of photos to the new album with great interest, it certainly is great to be able to see them all together for quick and easy reference!

Great work!

Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum