NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson EmptyYesterday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson EmptyYesterday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson EmptyYesterday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson EmptyThu 18 Apr - 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson

4 posters

Go down

Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson Empty Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson

Post  Cat-a-lat Thu 11 Jul - 20:28

My other find from yesterday: cute little handled bowl, with a mark I thought I had seen before, but now cannot find in the gallery.

Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson Dsc02515
Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson Dsc02516

J and a C or G
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Valerio likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson Empty Re: Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson

Post  Ev Thu 11 Jul - 20:41

I don't think I've seen that mark before Cat and I'll put it into the Mystery Mark Gallery with your caption of J and a C or G Wink
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Valerio likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson Empty Re: Cute bowl with a handle by Justin Gardner from Nelson

Post  mumof1 Mon 15 Jul - 11:31

Could the mark be Justen Gardner? http://www.nzpotters.com/PottersMarks/PottersMark_Image.cfm?potterID=774 Although the sketch shows a circle surrounding the mark, I think it is there on cat's mark, but not heavily impressed. Just a thought! sunny 
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Valerio likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 15 Jul - 11:55

I'll just hummm and haaaa over that thought sunny .....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Mon 15 Jul - 12:22

It's definitely not a circle around it, I would have to compare it to an actual confirmed mark of Justen's on a pot, as opposed to a drawn mark, to be sure. I agree that the initials themselves look very similar, so I will have a hunt and see what I can find photo-wise.
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Fri 1 May - 16:23

Maybe John Green of Nelson? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=627354604022378&set=oa.305445929605445&type=3&theater not the best mark to compare with though
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Fri 1 May - 17:49

It's a possibility, but I can't see it well enough to compare Sad
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Back to top Go down

Post  bjg76 Tue 7 Jan - 11:33

Hi. That ramekin/bowl above is definitely a Justin Gardner (not Justen Gardner). I have made a similar note in the mystery potters page.
Let me know if anyone has of his pots they may be willing to sell.

bjg76

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Tue 7 Jan - 11:41

Thank you so much for helping with this mark bjg76.
I will edit this thread and put the mark into the correct place in the Gallery
cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum