NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is this black dish Crown Lynn 356 “Wet and Dry”
Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. EmptyToday at 15:01 by kitsch

» Is this Titian Studio? No it's Diana Pottery Australia!
Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. EmptyToday at 11:51 by kitsch

» Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please
Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. EmptyToday at 10:34 by kitsch

» Is this “Shell” shaped vase NZ pottery
Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. EmptyToday at 10:14 by kitsch

» Is this large brown painted bowl Crown Lynn please?
Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. EmptyToday at 10:10 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn Shape No. 42?
Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. EmptyToday at 8:21 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn shape no.10!
Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. EmptyToday at 8:19 by kitsch

» Temuka Maori motif wall vase
Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. EmptyYesterday at 16:15 by Ev

» Temuka ware factory seconds
Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. EmptyYesterday at 7:53 by Melita

Is this stamp Anneke Borren? No it's Bob Steiners mark.

2 posters

Go down

Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. Empty Is this stamp Anneke Borren? No it's Bob Steiners mark.

Post  mumof1 Sat 24 Aug - 20:38

Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. Dsc06920
I was unsure when I saw this, but had to take the risk
Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. Dsc06921
and the bowl
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. Empty Re: Is this stamp Anneke Borren? No it's Bob Steiners mark.

Post  mumof1 Sun 25 Aug - 14:14

Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. Dsc06926
Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. Dsc06927
I was thinking that perhaps the mark was too close up, and this may help to identify it.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is this stamp Anneke Borren?  No it's Bob Steiners mark. Empty Re: Is this stamp Anneke Borren? No it's Bob Steiners mark.

Post  mumof1 Sun 25 Aug - 15:40

If you look here https://www.google.com/search?q=anneke+borren&rlz=1C1SKPC_enNZ384NZ385&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=uHsZUp3OEIOCiQfvu4CwDA&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=1092&bih=514 the mark on the first line looks the same to me, and on the 10th line, second from the right looks like the same glaze. However, I also found this mark in the back of the NZ Potters marks book, page 143, 2nd mark, so I guess it is not. I also read on google, that Anneke did not have an impressed mark. Will have to be a mystery mark for a while longer.

Last edited by mumof1 on Sun 25 Aug - 16:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated)
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 25 Aug - 16:31

One would think that the mark on the left is a stamp wouldn't they?

http://www.nzpotters.com/PottersMarks/PottersMark_Image.cfm?potterID=124

I would go along with all the other info that you found though.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Sun 25 Aug - 16:36

I know, it's so frustrating, and the second mark in the back of the book this month! (NR mark)
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 5 Nov - 7:48

I just read HERE that this mark is Bob Steiners early one when he was a studio potter.  YAY !!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Wed 5 Nov - 9:10

Thanks Ev - you are brilliant!!
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum