NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» BS? Is anyone able to help please…
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 EmptyToday at 16:06 by tabbyland

» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696

3 posters

Go down

Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 Empty Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696

Post  JanPots Mon 23 Sep - 12:47

Found this - coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 - Its a bread/butter plate
I have shown melissa as well ( ALL Ironstone backstamps)

Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 079_bb10[/url
]Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 078_bb10
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 429_bb10
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 Dinner12

Last edited by JanPots on Thu 12 Nov - 7:13; edited 1 time in total
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 Empty Re: Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696

Post  Ev Mon 23 Sep - 13:31

Savoy d186 looks like Melissa, but I need to check which one it is........

Harmony Buff d266 looks like Melissa as well, but once again I didn't note the tonings or the outer ring details, so I will check this out next visit to the Museum.

Once again the Melissa from the Philippines is especially nice hand painted.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 Empty Re: Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696

Post  JanPots Wed 25 Sep - 7:20

To add to this.. the pattern when put on an apollo plate has another name.. TM listing 641807339 shows a blue version that is listed as HoneyDew - you can,t see it fully, but she briefly changed the photo and seems to have changed it back!! but it was melissa. I have the simalar plate - yellow pattern on apollo.
We should have another Photo Gallery of ""Apollo verus standard plate"" - hazel= clematis ... albany = kismet and so on  Razz Razz where will it end ??
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 25 Sep - 7:40

That pattern looks like Honeyglow to me ..... and I've never connected it to Melissa before, the flowers do look similar to Melissa, but don't the flowers look a bit big? I may have to check this out somehow.
Yes the same pattern on different shaped ware gets a different name and number mostly, but not always.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Wed 25 Sep - 7:49

Umm.. a bit early for me... Embarassed maybe I best double check, before I let my fingers do the talking -- its one of them !!
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 25 Sep - 8:06

Aha Honeyglow looks like the last photo you posted above .... and has the same type of flowers as Melissa, but bigger flowers
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t753-honeyglow-d857-kelston-ceramics?highlight=honeyglow
I really have to go to the Museum asap ..... might try to go on Monday!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sat 15 Sep - 11:49

Ev.
Do you think this yellow plate is bellevue gold?
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 20180927
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 15 Sep - 12:13

Looking forward to checking this out Janice.
You really have sorted out so many pattern puzzles lately ♥
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sat 15 Sep - 12:21

I think have been slack in the past lol...

this is how I feel sometimes....when I think I've found something and I check and we already know about it or its close but not it.
:thud:
Then other times
cheers

I know it's not the thread.  But the b &w photo of fern Leigh near the shamrock photo. .. I am sure it's in the no name gallery...but it looks like it's flipped or reversed.  Even rex thought that too ..
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Tableware-Patterns-Catalogue/Crown-Lynn-Patterns-with-No-NamesYet/Green-and-bronze-grasses-on-apollo-pic_3464.htm
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 16 Sep - 7:13

Belevue Gold d453 was a Special Promotion for Woolworths so there won't be many around. They used that High Gloss Micaceous glaze which has a fine speckle, but is quite white otherwise. Can you check the background glaze out Janice?

Also the Fernleigh that is in the advert is not only on the other side of the plate, but it has two more of the dried grass heads. Perhaps the ad shows a side plate and the dinner has more pattern? It would be great to find a named one wouldn't it !!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sun 16 Sep - 8:27

After I took the photos of the patterns at the Portage trust which was a few years ago, I knew I had a yellow version and because I had no clues where this plate was I couldn't check the glaze to confirm that it was bellevue gold.Lol
Anyways when I checked it yesterday ..super excited that it is the correct glaze and also thought the same that there may not be many around..
I really want the Somerset black version. ....I bet that look good. Or even bellevue green.
Edits. .. the photo of the glaze
Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 20180928

The fern Leigh is soooo close... but not exact. Can you see how it looks reversed ...  
Looking forward to next week, see you then. 🤗
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 16 Sep - 8:54

Brilliant as that close up shows the HGM glaze perfectly.
So another one bites the dust cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat & Co. Mon 17 Sep - 9:37

Great detective work! Very Happy cat
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 Empty Harmony Bluff

Post  JanPots Mon 17 Sep - 10:39

Me again.... Mellissa pattern keeps popping up hahaha whilst having a major sort out !!!
anyways I think you are right Ev and that this one could be  Harmony Buff D266
Checking the glaze numbers against other patterns I feel convinced LOL

Comparing the BB plate below with the records for Savoy on clover 186 i would say its too dark and Harmony Ivory d266 is too light, which leaves Harmony Buff

Interesting Find-coloured version of Melissa Pat. No. 696 Harmon10
JanPots
JanPots

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Mon 17 Sep - 10:53

What about Belevue Brown d452?
There is a photo of Harmony Buff and I don't see it as a match ....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum