NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery EmptyToday at 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery EmptyToday at 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery EmptyToday at 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery EmptyYesterday at 11:20 by Melita

» Can anyone identify my favourite vase? Answer Bryce Stevens
An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery EmptyYesterday at 9:18 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery EmptyYesterday at 9:09 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery EmptyWed 17 Apr - 21:18 by mumof1

» A Mayon Ceramics Gallery has been added
An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery EmptyWed 17 Apr - 20:00 by bsan012

» Does anyopne recognise this work?
An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery EmptyWed 17 Apr - 16:10 by clyde

An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery

2 posters

Go down

An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery Empty An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery

Post  Ev Mon 30 Dec - 13:09

Thanks for the suggestion Glenys, as yes there are plenty of pieces for an Orzel Gallery.
Also many thanks to Jeremy Ashford for delighting in finding so many of these pieces and identifying them and thanks to everyone who contributed photos too.
If you see any other Orzel ware around on the site that isn't in the Orzel Gallery, please alert me in here.
I should be able to finish adding all of the pics today and then we will be able to see a good range of what Orzel made.
Some of the photos in the Orzel Gallery have been put onto the site as Orzel and perhaps they were Aquila or some other brand, so if you are aware of this please let us know here.
However this will be an ongoing project as there will be many more pieces around that still need to be found ...... so keep looking in the bargain bins for more shapes please!

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Titian-Gallery/Orzel-Potteries-Ltd/Orzel-Potteries-Ltd-cat_c60.htm
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery Empty Re: An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 30 Dec - 19:39

Thanks Glenys,
Thanks for all the work Ev.

Ev, I guess this is a work in progress so I will leave you to it.
If there comes a time when you think you have captured all the images already on the forum for the gallery, or if you think you may have missed something, let me know.

There is still plenty of Orzel out there in the real world, and I have seen new shapes I know to be Orzel which I actually have NOT bought, so I guess I should always shop with the iPad in hand. Most op-shops are fine about photos when asked.

One piece I missed at Hospice New Lynn (as my preferred purchase, believe it or not, was a different shape of Royal Oak lidded jug) and won't have a chance to photo as I will be back up North when they re-open in 2114 is a brown lidded ramekin or pot (or jug), so if some forum member is around that way...
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery Empty Ev, take a bow!

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sun 2 Feb - 15:39

It's just over a month now since Ev started putting together the Orzel gallery and we are now one away from completing the second page.

If Glenys's other spice jars were posted individually, and likewise the named canisters etc we would be well over one hundred different shapes already.

I know from my travels that there are many other items that I have not bought or photographed as well and doubtless many more yet to be (re)discovered.

Considering also the more "artistic" Adelaar and Aquila pieces posted separately in the Titian gallery, Orzel was huge! Six months ago I did not even know they existed.

The Clay Craft, Royal Oak and Kermiko galleries are now well on the way and I understand Stewart is coming next. I can see the studio pottery topics accumulating too, even though that's all over my head. This is definitely not just a "Crown Lynn site".

Congrats to all associated with the Forum, Ev in particular, for creating such a great resource.

This is history in the making. I'm delighted to be a part of the process.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery Empty Re: An Orzel Industries Ltd sub-Gallery has been added to the Titian Gallery

Post  Ev Sun 2 Feb - 17:47

There is an old saying about the journey of discovery being the most important part and not the destination reached. I go along with that and enjoy discovering this topic which is New Zealand Pottery.
The fact that Crown Lynn was New Zealand's biggest pottery producer is reflected in the interest that has made this site look like The Crown Lynn site, but as Jeremy said Crown Lynn is only part of the pottery history.
Thank you for your kind words Jeremy, but without each and every member that has contributed to this site it would be quite boring indeed.
We will continue to endeavour to find more of our country's pottery history and enjoy ourselves along the way Very Happy
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17724
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum