NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» BS? Is anyone able to help please…
Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please EmptyToday at 16:06 by tabbyland

» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please

+2
Ev
isaacwulf
6 posters

Go down

Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please Empty Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please

Post  isaacwulf Sat 4 Jan - 0:59

I just purchased over 2000 pieces of duck egg blue verified crown lynn. 250 big oval dinner plates, 240 lge circle dinner plates, 240 lge side plates, 220 sml side plates, 200 deep bowls, 180 straight dishes, 200 cereal bowls, 250 cups, 250 saucers and about another 100 items odds. I need prices per item or would it be best to put them into 6 or 8 piece sets and sell them that way? Help!

Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please Crown_12

Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please New_im15

Last edited by isaacwulf on Fri 10 Jan - 12:52; edited 2 times in total
isaacwulf
isaacwulf

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-01-04

Back to top Go down

Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please Empty Re: Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please

Post  Ev Sat 4 Jan - 6:00

Gosh that sounds like an interesting lot!  This high fired vitrified ware is quite popular in the soft speckled blue and it's very strong and is made for being used in the dishwasher, so would be ideal for restaurants.  Check out Trade Me expired listings to see what has sold and what prices were realised.  Not that easy without a pattern name, but duck egg blue might work.
Do you have any info on the history of this massive lot? I am just off to work, but will give you the Crown Lynn names for the pieces that you have mentioned and I will have a search when I get a chance and report back.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please Empty Re: Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please

Post  isaacwulf Sat 4 Jan - 9:42

I'm trying to figure out how to upload some photos? I would say half have never been used and the other half are in top condition. You hardly ever see full sets on trade me now of Crown Lynn so I was thinking that would be the best way to sell them off and because they a close to colour glaze look they should be easy enough to sell? What do you think? Crown Lynn also sells quite well though auction houses I noticed as I attend 3 or 4 auctions per week LOL (Crown Lynn Crazy I am) I also have over 1000 pieces of colour glaze which is what I collect. Not to sure about this purchase on the Egg Coloured stuff? I know it was more expensive to make than other Crown Lynn dinner set but have no idea what its worth?
I try to work out how to upload some pic's.
isaacwulf
isaacwulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 4 Jan - 9:55

Sets are a great idea..... 4 piece sets, 6 piece sets and 8 piece sets would be good
Sets seem to sell from $100.00 upwards depending on bidding wars. You have a heck of a lot of sets haha
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isaacwulf Sat 4 Jan - 10:41

LOL your totally right. 4, 6, and 8 piece sets is a good idea. My items are in transit at the moment but when I get them I'll send you the markings to see what we have.

Thanks Ev
isaacwulf
isaacwulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 4 Jan - 12:11

You are welcome to email pics to the site to newzealandpottery@gmail.com and I will post them for you Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isaacwulf Sat 4 Jan - 19:13

Cool ill do that Smile
isaacwulf
isaacwulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenys Sun 5 Jan - 10:28

And don't post more than one set at a time!

Glenys

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-08-29

JackWolfgang likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 5 Jan - 10:36

Good advice Glenys as you don't want to flood the market .....

I'm really interested to see the '100 item odds' that you have, so if and when possible can you take photos please.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isaacwulf Wed 8 Jan - 18:37

Ill take them all out of the box (all2000pieces) it will be a cool photo and most probably I of the kind lol
isaacwulf
isaacwulf

Back to top Go down

Post  MGillgren Sat 27 Jul - 17:02

Isaacwulf do you still have any of these sets?

MGillgren

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-07-27

Back to top Go down

Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please Empty Final Result

Post  JackWolfgang Thu 21 Oct - 16:04

Hey Guys,

My brother ended up getting over $27,000 for it all. Not a bad haul.

JackWolfgang

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2021-10-21

Ev likes this post

Back to top Go down

Duck Egg Blue over 2000 Pieces need price guide please Empty Duck Egg Blue

Post  Lorra Sun 24 Oct - 7:43

Loved this story. So interesting to read. Regards Lorraine

Lorra

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2017-09-26

Ev likes this post