NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is this black dish Crown Lynn 356 “Wet and Dry”
Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? EmptyToday at 15:01 by kitsch

» Is this Titian Studio? No it's Diana Pottery Australia!
Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? EmptyToday at 11:51 by kitsch

» Help to identify mark on this NZ vase please
Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? EmptyToday at 10:34 by kitsch

» Is this “Shell” shaped vase NZ pottery
Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? EmptyToday at 10:14 by kitsch

» Is this large brown painted bowl Crown Lynn please?
Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? EmptyToday at 10:10 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn Shape No. 42?
Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? EmptyToday at 8:21 by kitsch

» Is this Crown Lynn shape no.10!
Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? EmptyToday at 8:19 by kitsch

» Temuka Maori motif wall vase
Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? EmptyYesterday at 16:15 by Ev

» Temuka ware factory seconds
Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? EmptyYesterday at 7:53 by Melita

Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value?

5 posters

Go down

Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? Empty Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value?

Post  missrach Sun 13 Jul - 19:23

Hi. I am new to this forum, apologies in advance if I have done something wrong, (one thing I was unsure about is where I should be posting this topic).

We are moving overseas and I have been trying to identify and sell most of the bits and pieces that my Grandma purchased over the years (in NZ and overseas).

I have this Tui stoneware sculpture made by Pauline Abbott (100% certain - I have the label that went with it). The only thing wrong with it is that there is a small piece of the sculpture (not the birds) that has broken off at the top.

I am wondering how much we might get for it if we tried to sell it. Would anyone happen to know?

Thanks in advance (ps thanks kat-a-lat for the photo uploading help!)

Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? Tui_sc15

Last edited by missrach on Sun 13 Jul - 20:34; edited 1 time in total

missrach

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-07-13

Back to top Go down

Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? Empty Re: Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value?

Post  Cat-a-lat Sun 13 Jul - 20:12

you can right click on the highlighted text and a menu will appear with a 'copy' option, then right click where you want to put it, and select 'paste' 

You can also press the ctrl and c keys at the same time to copy, and the ctrl and v keys to paste
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value? Empty Re: Pauline Abbott Tui stoneware sculpture - any idea of value?

Post  Ev Mon 14 Jul - 7:44

We have another topic about Pauline Abbot and I will put a link there to here as suda may be able to help you.

http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/t4649-pauline-abbot-and-l-bo?highlight=abbot
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17629
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Karey Thu 8 Nov - 2:42

I can't give you any information on price but perhaps some history can help.  I purchased a Pauline Abbott Tui on a branch approximately 10 cms long and 7 high.   This was bought in the early 1990s from the Martinborough Fair and she was suffering the effects of MS so this was near the end of her career.  Her daughter was also a potter, although the work was different.  

As far as I am concerned, my Pauline Abbott piece is priceless... or at least it was until 3 weeks ago when my husband managed to smash it.  Currently I'm trying to find a repairer.  Preferably in the Japanese style (a) to add to the history, and (b) make my husband pay for daring to even touch it.

I'm pretty sure my mother had a double tui one similar to yours (also with a chip from the top which is probably the most delicate part).

Karey

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-11-08

Donald Abbott likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Donald Abbott Thu 4 Nov - 5:05

Pauline Abbott was my aunt and married to John Hawkshaw Abbott, who was brother to my father Eugene Robert Abbott.

Donald Abbott

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-11-04

Ev and Maryr like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum