NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing. EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing. EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing. EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing. EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing. EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing. EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing. EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing. EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

» Martin McLean
Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing. EmptyYesterday at 8:48 by Ev

Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing.

2 posters

Go down

Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing. Empty Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing.

Post  teaandcoffee Thu 27 Nov - 23:10

Hi Ev. I have made a few comments on some of the mystery marks page, and I see there are a few from other too, that do not seem to be triggering "latest topic" notifications for you. Are they meant to or not? Thanks.

teaandcoffee

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing. Empty Re: Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing.

Post  Ev Fri 28 Nov - 6:16

Hi T&C, I'm not certain what you mean, but the side scroll bar only shows around the last 10 posts that were made on the site. Sometimes it is very busy and 20 plus comments have been added since I last visited the site and for me to find them I have to use the View Posts Since Last Visit option which is just above the Latest News and Updates Topic.
Also a little kete shows up where there are new posts, but this only shows once.
There is one more option that I use, which is the Today's Active Topics which is at the bottom of the Forum and just above Who Is Online.
Yes all new posts show up in the side bar until they are replaced by newer posts. Please let me know if this doesn't answer your question.

Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing. Empty Re: Latest topic notifications from new comments on mystery marks page not showing.

Post  teaandcoffee Fri 28 Nov - 16:24

For example, did you get a new comment up date for this one?
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/gallery/New-Zealand-Potters-Marks/NZ-Potters-Mystery-Marks/wheel-and-envelope-pic_4574.htm

or this one:
https://www.newzealandpottery.net/gallery/New-Zealand-Potters-Marks/NZ-Potters-Mystery-Marks/nb-pic_7001.htm

Because I didn't see one appear either on the rolling "latest topics" side panel or the "today's active topics" list for any that I posted.

Thanks.

teaandcoffee

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Fri 28 Nov - 19:31

Aha now I see what is happening! The gallery photos have a quick reply and these do not show up on the latest Topics, because they are not a topic, but a photo.

However each Mystery Mark and each No Names Pattern has a link to the topic where they were first posted and if you reply on that link it will show up in the Latest Topics comments.

I have taken the liberty of adding your comments to the topics teaandcoffee and I appreciate your help and will update the marks with your information.
Many thanks Ev.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17666
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum