NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle

3 posters

Go down

For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  Empty For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle

Post  Maryr Mon 15 Dec - 13:20

Hi Ev I am pleased to see that the Prestons  liqueur bottle now has a number! I sent this pic to Mills Reef winery a while ago and they confirmed that they were from Crown Lynn but I didn't get around to putting them on the site.  I have a couple of these - one with the kiwifruit pattern and the Prestons label, and another plain.  They are well made and rather lovely. Unmarked on the base. The other side has a lovely grape leaf motif.  I don't have access to these bottles at present but from memory they're about 15-18 cm end to end.
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  Presto10
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  Presto11
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  Presto12
There is also an older and less attractive Prestons jar, but the winery was uncertain as to whether CL made them or not. I have seen an unmarked brown one recently on TMe being advertised as a hot water bottle... come to think of it, the brown glaze looked rather similar to the old Toby jug brown, so I will persevere in my investigations. Again, this is about 15-18 cm end to end.
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  Y_pres10
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  Y_pres11
Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1988
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Hannele likes this post

Back to top Go down

For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  Empty Re: For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle

Post  Ev Mon 15 Dec - 14:25

Absolutely brilliant thanks Val !!
I have seen these listed on Trademe, but with no certainty of the maker.
Thanks to the Portage Ceramics Trust for identifying this piece !
I haven't seen the other model before, but hopefully something will turn up regarding it's history.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  Empty Lincoln and (other) Prestons: Parker?

Post  Jeremy Ashford Mon 7 Dec - 10:01

barcookie on trademe originally posted this Lincoln Wines bottle as Parker Potteries, but it is not marked as such.  The rationale may have been that Parker made the Maori design (Wharetana) bottle for Lincoln. The advertisement has now been rewritten with the bottle as possibly by Crown Lynn.

Note that it is the same shape as the second Prestons bottle in the montage below.
For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  Lincol10
Lincoln Wines Apricot Wine Liqueur bottle
two Prestons Kiwifruit Liqueur bottles
new photos (1 and 3) by barcookie
old photo (2) by maryr

Thank you barcookie.
See the listing at:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=993325676
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle  Empty Re: For gallery 1457 Prestons Kiwifuit Liqueur bottle

Post  Ev Sat 26 Sep - 16:16

A Production meeting record from 1979 has turned up a Preston Kiwi Fruit bottle record.

I can't tell if it's the one in the shape of the kiwifriut or the other shapes.

Also a Stocktake record from 1989 shows two different Kiwifruit Liqueur Bottles:

Pattern Shape No
87755 1457 Kiwifruit Liqueur Bottle

87756 1457 Kiwifruit Liqueur Bottle Special.

I found this Prestons Kiwifruit Mug on Te Toi Uku, which tells me that these must be Crown Lynn
https://www.nzmuseums.co.nz/collections/3384/objects/488602/mug-prestons-kiwifruit-liqueur

plus a bottle like Val's one, but they don't name the maker and say maker unknown:

https://www.nzmuseums.co.nz/collections/3384/objects/490067/liqueur-bottle-prestons-new-zealand

To finish..... we have 3 different Kiwifruit Liqueur bottles and two records.
The production record for 1457 shows that many hundreds were made in 1985.

Still no better off, but a lot more info has come to light. My personal opinion is that all three bottles were made by Crown Lynn.
Thanks to Donna for asking the question and getting me into gear Smile
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Maryr and Truffles like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum