NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Ferret would like help with these marks please ...
Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] EmptyToday at 8:40 by Ev

» Large bowl with unknown mark.
Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] EmptyYesterday at 14:26 by kitsch

»  Who is F Cubbon ??
Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] EmptyYesterday at 13:43 by Ev

» Is this Irene Spiller?
Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] EmptyYesterday at 13:31 by Ev

» Neil Hay Christchurch
Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] EmptyYesterday at 13:03 by Ev

» Dave King
Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] EmptyYesterday at 12:55 by Ev

» Archlynn Ceramics Made In New Zealand
Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] EmptyYesterday at 9:24 by Ev

» NZ Potteries Wellington awesome Teapot !
Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] EmptyYesterday at 9:15 by Ev

» Fabulous early Teapot by Len Castle
Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] EmptyYesterday at 8:55 by Ev

Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis]

5 posters

Go down

Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] Empty Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis]

Post  Kat & Co. Fri 13 Mar - 10:49

Another plate marked similar with C who is this pls? cat
Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] C_plat10
Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] C_mark10
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] Empty Re: Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis]

Post  Ev Fri 13 Mar - 17:18

I don't know, but I would like to know and I really love this yummy high fired stoneware piece!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17667
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] Empty Re: Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis]

Post  teaandcoffee Fri 13 Mar - 21:02

Looks very like a Harry and May Davis piece. P inside a C - Crewenna Pottery.

teaandcoffee

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 14 Mar - 6:35

Thanks t&c and I totally agree.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cat-a-lat Sat 11 Apr - 20:39

This mark is still in the mystery marks gallery...
Cat-a-lat
Cat-a-lat

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 12 Apr - 7:51

Thanks for the nudge Cat - all sorted now.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenys Sat 18 Apr - 14:30

Here is a photo of a very similar plate/bowl made by Crewenna. As you can see, this is an illustration from a book on with a chapter on Crewenna I have in storage in the SI. If yo had anydoubt that the plate that is the subject of this post, I think this design certainly settles it!Plate with C mark is by Crewenna Pottery [Harry & Mavis Davis] 20200310

Glenys

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum