NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» 154 Swan mould from Crown Lynn
An unidentified piece thought to be Crown Lynn has been identified ! EmptyYesterday at 20:38 by ro

» Jack Krsinich - Foxton Beach
An unidentified piece thought to be Crown Lynn has been identified ! EmptyYesterday at 17:09 by ANNA KRSINICH

» Adrienne Smith
An unidentified piece thought to be Crown Lynn has been identified ! EmptyYesterday at 7:45 by UrsulaC

» Studio Ceramics Villagio and Porto
An unidentified piece thought to be Crown Lynn has been identified ! EmptyTue 14 May - 16:25 by signal red

» Tea pot ID help please. This was made by David Griffith
An unidentified piece thought to be Crown Lynn has been identified ! EmptyTue 14 May - 8:48 by CrownPrince

» LARGE POTTERY WALL HANGING VESSEL - was made by John Ing
An unidentified piece thought to be Crown Lynn has been identified ! EmptyMon 13 May - 22:24 by Leesyloubee

» HELP TO ID MAKER MARK - WALL HANGING VESSEL it is Stephen Carter
An unidentified piece thought to be Crown Lynn has been identified ! EmptyMon 13 May - 22:23 by Leesyloubee

» Studio Ceramics wall swan...
An unidentified piece thought to be Crown Lynn has been identified ! EmptyMon 13 May - 12:03 by Maryr

» Orange Air NZ pattern no namer
An unidentified piece thought to be Crown Lynn has been identified ! EmptyMon 13 May - 11:06 by Ev

An unidentified piece thought to be Crown Lynn has been identified !

Go down

An unidentified piece thought to be Crown Lynn has been identified ! Empty An unidentified piece thought to be Crown Lynn has been identified !

Post  Ev Thu 4 Jun - 12:38

While at the Crown Lynn Museum this week a chap who made jewellery out of Crown Lynn stopped by and showed us his work which was really great and he even had a RNZN Badge on one piece that I had never seen.
He asked if there was anyone that could be recommended to identify his piece of Crown Lynn and he unwrapped a lotus bowl that would fit in cupped hands that had a flower frog in the base and it had two little feet on the frog and two little hands could be seen on either side of the lotus flower bowl.  He said he knew it was Crown Lynn because of the white glaze ......  I suggested that it wasn't Crown Lynn and that there had once been a figurine standing on top of the flower frog, which he hadn't worked out.  He wasn't convinced, but I just found his piece on google
HERE  and it is Art Deco German.  It looks like a very small shape 360 Lotus Bowl [ps one sold for $140 the other day!!] which Crown Lynn must have copied from Clarice Cliff.  I sometimes come across German made ceramics and wonder who these potteries were ....
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17753
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum