NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mark James Canvastown Marlborough
Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! EmptyToday at 7:23 by Ev

» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !!

5 posters

Go down

Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! Empty Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !!

Post  8omnia8 Sat 13 Jun - 16:20

Hi, I love collecting the different patterns I find in op shops and today I made a mosaic of about 22 of them.

I also love looking here at all the things other people are lucky enough to find!

Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! <a href=Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! Mosaic460b0921bc32f2040d435118a72763c6d81896e7_zpsxng5cv5v" />
8omnia8
8omnia8

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-04-04

Back to top Go down

Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! Empty Re: Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !!

Post  Kat & Co. Sat 13 Jun - 16:28

Awesum aye! Very Happy
I dont think I have seen the very middle one before does it have a name? cat
Kat & Co.
Kat & Co.

Number of posts : 2311
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! Empty Re: Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !!

Post  8omnia8 Sat 13 Jun - 16:33

That is the latest addition, bought yesterday! And no, no pattern name for that one.

I always love finding a pattern I haven't seen before Very Happy
8omnia8
8omnia8

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 13 Jun - 18:04

Bouncing with excitement as that middle pattern has a name and I just have to find it. Fantastic !!! Awesomely Amazing !!!!!
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17729
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 13 Jun - 18:10

How about d197 Diana Brown

Edits to remove photo

Plus we need a photo on it's own for the Gallery please cheers

I think your patchwork idea is just so creative and I enjoyed going through naming all of the patterns, until I came to the one that we don't have bounce

Last edited by Ev on Sun 14 Jun - 11:23; edited 1 time in total
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  8omnia8 Sat 13 Jun - 18:19

cool! I thought it was stamped New Zealand Ironstone, it didn't have a name, but it seems like they do

Here is that one, or do you want an image of the whole plate?

Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! <a href=Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! 013_zpsqa6rwxok" />

Wow, you are superfast at finding patterns!
8omnia8
8omnia8

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 13 Jun - 18:27

Thank you so much for finding this pattern !!!!
There are around 900 named patterns that we don't have yet .......
Yes it would be great to get a pic of the plate to add to this thread and to the Gallery sometime when it is convenient cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  8omnia8 Sat 13 Jun - 18:38

Really, 900??! Wow, how do you see those? Are they in the gallery?

[img]Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! 028_zpsfec39jez[/img]

I have the bowl, side plate and saucer if you want them too.
8omnia8
8omnia8

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 13 Jun - 18:52

Wow this pattern is like patchwork isn't it and it is amazing as we haven't seen it before and a black and white image from the Auckland Museum doesn't do it justice.
Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sat 13 Jun - 19:08

8omnia8 wrote:Really, 900??! Wow, how do you see those? Are they in the gallery?

There are records at the Auckland Museum and the Portage Ceramics Museum of patterns that Crown Lynn used and I photographed them and have the records in my files to identify patterns, though it is still a work in progress and I have so much more research to do yet!  Janice has also photographed the Auckland Museum records.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  8omnia8 Sat 13 Jun - 19:27

It's very lucky the records were kept. Imagine if there was nothing at all as a guide. What a mission though, to find so many more!

It seems a lot was produced of some patterns, and not of others. I see Tres Bon, Seagrass, Springtime, Clematis a lot. I don't know if they made more of certain patterns but it seems so.

Yes, the black and white image really doesn't do the pattern justice. It's true that nothing can beat the actual item. Btw, I don't know if it makes a difference, but it looks like 197 on that photo not 198 (but  could be wrong).

Thanks for all your hard work, for the CL fanatics and future generations of CL fans!
8omnia8
8omnia8

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sun 14 Jun - 8:03

wow and wow again.. like Ev, I knew this pattern was out there as I saw the documentation at the musuem. I have a saved search on Trade-me - waiting for one to "pop up" very exciting find!!
I love the "mosaic" you did as well", that's another project I do too :O) The designs look amazing when they are all lines up in a pattern ---. I called them montages LOL
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 14 Jun - 11:30

Hi 8omnia8, I wasn't happy with the way the thumbnail looked in the Gallery, so I added just a part of the pattern and now I'm more than happy cheers
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  8omnia8 Sun 14 Jun - 16:46

Hi Jan, These mosaics/montages are really fun to do, there is a website where you can do lots of things with photos and it's very easy to do www.bighugelabs.com

Yes the thumbnails can be hard to tell the pattern.

Here is the mosaic, take 2. I think I prefer this style. I'm hooked on mosaics Laughing

[img]Crown Lynn Pattern Patchwork including the amazing Diana Brown d197 !! Mosaic74fe27543039e879ac2f415ea773b30f24bde947_zpsfadsggeg[/img]
8omnia8
8omnia8

Back to top Go down

Post  JanPots Sun 14 Jun - 16:54

Very cool- I got one put onto canvass ! had to have high res. for each image but it looks super cool.
Some of my experiments - I have played around with the colour, got a Andy Warhol type theme going on Cool
JanPots
JanPots

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  8omnia8 Sun 14 Jun - 16:57

oooh fun! Are there any online to look at?
8omnia8
8omnia8

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Sun 14 Jun - 16:59

WOW what an awesome avatar bounce
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof1 Wed 17 Jun - 8:11

Ev wrote:Thank you so much for finding this pattern !!!!  
There are around 900 named patterns that we don't have yet .......
Yes it would be great to get a pic of the plate to add to this thread and to the Gallery sometime when it is convenient cheers
Maybe this person can help ?!!? http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=903772216 A pretty bold statement to make.
mumof1
mumof1
Admin

Number of posts : 2360
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev Wed 17 Jun - 8:36

I saw that statement on another of their auctions and rattled off a heap of pattern names that I would love to have and they replied saying they didn't have time to look and to save them as a favourite.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum