NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous?

2 posters

Go down

Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? Empty Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous?

Post  mike67 Sat 25 Jul - 17:55

I picked up lots of pottery at a church garage sale today. This is impressed Wanganui on a few of the pieces but with no other identifying mark. Any ideas?? My partner likes pink!!!
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? Img_6910
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? Img_6911

At the same garage sale I was paying for 4 Wayne Porteous yellow conical coffee mugs that I have a few in green and blues and the women taking the money said my brother in law made those. I immediately thought blow, they are not what I thought...I asked who her brother in law and she said Wayne Porteous. As I was leaving she came back with 2 other mugs that she said were his as well. I am not sure if she was completely right as I can see a WP in the mark below but it could look more like a MJ. Does anyone recognise the mark?
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? Img_6912
Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? Img_6913
mike67
mike67

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous? Empty Re: Impressed mark "Wanganui, NZ" and Wayne Porteous?

Post  Ev Sun 26 Jul - 8:47

We have two marks of Wayne Porteous in the Potters Marks Gallery and neither look like this one, though I guess he could have more than 2 ....?
I agree with you that the mark most likely is an MJ.
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum