NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» R A Shufflebotham, painter (Not NZ)
My Crown Lynn garage sale EmptyToday at 7:46 by Maryr

» Northland Pottery identification
My Crown Lynn garage sale EmptyThu 25 Jul - 16:57 by Wayne

» Topaz Tableware by Crown Lynn
My Crown Lynn garage sale EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:53 by Ev

» Like Topaz and Like Vintage made in Philippines
My Crown Lynn garage sale EmptyWed 24 Jul - 15:48 by Itsyawnoc

» Crown Lynn bambi lamp for gallery
My Crown Lynn garage sale EmptyTue 23 Jul - 19:24 by BeauMontgomeryEverett

» Shape 72 being used for the first time ...
My Crown Lynn garage sale EmptyTue 23 Jul - 10:38 by Ev

» Blue glaze cup CB?
My Crown Lynn garage sale EmptySun 21 Jul - 17:28 by Ferret

» Vintage Pat. No. 982
My Crown Lynn garage sale EmptySat 20 Jul - 18:15 by nessymc2

» Can you help with identifying this Potters Mark please?
My Crown Lynn garage sale EmptySat 20 Jul - 15:35 by JanPots

My Crown Lynn garage sale

3 posters

Go down

My Crown Lynn garage sale Empty My Crown Lynn garage sale

Post  Maryr Tue 15 Dec - 17:26

Last weekend I had a big garage sale - getting rid of some of my bits and pieces that I no longer need. I am keeping the items that I photographed for my books but I do have rather a lot of other stuff! And I need to make room for the expanding 'not Crown Lynn' section of my NZ ceramics collection.
Anyway - what a lovely experience and I am now $900 better off. I had a 'friends and family' day before the actual event, so people who I knew would appreciate certain things would have first dibs. That's how Jeremy and Kat found the 'splash' four-digit mug that I had ignored for years.
THEN on Sunday I had my actual sale. It wasn't as well attended as I had expected, but I still had a steady stream all day. The nicest moment was when two young women came in who were born AFTER Crown Lynn closed. They loved my honey glaze mugs (at $5 each) and spent a total of $100 on mugs and plates and this and that. Their appreciation was heart-warming.
Everyone had pretty clear ideas of what they were looking for, and to my knowledge only one person went away disgruntled - I think he was looking for the legendary $10 Carpay platter, and surprise surprise there wasn't one.

I will do a second cull over the summer and have another sale in the early autumn. It's not that hard work and it is good to see little bundles of stuff going off to a new home.

Maryr
Maryr

Number of posts : 1988
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

My Crown Lynn garage sale Empty Re: My Crown Lynn garage sale

Post  Ev Tue 15 Dec - 19:39

A great story and you must have heaps of room now, so you can get heaps more pottery ahahaaaa
Ev
Ev
Admin

Number of posts : 17868
Interests: : NZ Studio Pottery and NZ Pottery History
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://newzealandpottery.net

Back to top Go down

My Crown Lynn garage sale Empty Re: My Crown Lynn garage sale

Post  Thelma Tue 15 Dec - 20:57

Let me know when you have your next garage sale! Smile ( I should probably have one of my own!!!) Came home with a couple of items today from the op shop though, a CL plate with embossed edge that has the NZ CWI logo and anniversary dates. Also a lidded bowl with Cindy Ceramics made in NZ on the bottom.
Thelma
Thelma

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum