NEW ZEALAND POTTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Help with a Maker's Mark please ????
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more EmptyThu 25 Apr - 20:02 by LaLa

» Titian mug from fi ....
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more EmptyThu 25 Apr - 6:50 by Ev

» Studio Ceramics swans and dimensions
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more EmptySun 21 Apr - 14:36 by Ev

» Catherine Anselmi and Carla Clee 1989
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more EmptySat 20 Apr - 10:00 by Ev

» Deer and Fawn was made in Japan.
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more EmptySat 20 Apr - 9:48 by Maryr

» Large colourful vase signed “Ev”? 1990 who is the potter please?
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:27 by Ev

» Large striking vase with unknown mark and incised “RATA”:
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more EmptyFri 19 Apr - 10:25 by Ev

» Steenstra majestic Vase
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more EmptyFri 19 Apr - 7:13 by Ev

» Temuka Elephant
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more EmptyThu 18 Apr - 11:20 by Melita

Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more

Go down

Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more Empty Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more

Post  Jeremy Ashford Sat 12 Mar - 14:20

Greg Barron fired up his wood kiln late last year.
I have only just now got to see the results.
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more Gbw110
two cups and a wee bottle

The cups are porcelain.
The right hand one is Tenmoku, obviously.
The left is triple-dipped. I see celadon on the inside, copper and shino on the outside and do not know whether the third, bluey colour, is a glaze reaction with celadon or something entirely different.
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more Gbw210
different glazes and glaze reactions

I had some difficulty choosing. These are what is left.
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more Gbw310
soft photo sorry

I was using Nicole's phone and blew it. The firing also included bottles, large vases, etc so sorry no photos.
I would not have done them justice anyway.

Later ...
Greg Barron wood-fired, I've added a little bit more Gbw410

This outer surface of this cup is unusually shapely for Greg' work. The spiral banding accentuates the simple Tenmoku glaze. On the Crown Lynn mugs with Tenmoku-look glazes this leaves alternating bands of brown and black, but the with the extended heat of wood-firing the glaze has run to form delicious brown-black blobs at the base of the cup.

Also ...
Looking at the base of the little bottle I see it has "Lindas" written across it, and some scratched letters. I will have to ask Jin Ling about that. She gave it to me as an extra.
Jeremy Ashford
Jeremy Ashford

Number of posts : 3193
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum